• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine swap??

cucvrus

At this point this engine swap has been cancelled. Not feeling the love for this CUCV is warranted. Many items have reared up and shot the budget sky high. This is basically a parts vehicle. Maybe a trucks gone wild donor.

dependable

That duelly set up looks like the older style GM corporate 14 bolt, narrower set up. Actually they work quite well, have used on a 1008 dump body conversion, and have seen pictures of M1010 and 1031s with them on this forum. The good thing about them is fender flairs are not really needed, but still duel wheel. The CUCV 14 bolt rear differential fits in them, locker and all.

Of course with this truck, might be good to confirm gear ratios are same front & back,,, . Still, looks like a decent truck from here, as long as there is not a lot of hidden rust. But if someone was paying someone else to work on it, it could get expensive, no doubt.

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At this point this engine swap has been cancelled. Not feeling the love for this CUCV is warranted. Many items have reared up and shot the budget sky high. This is basically a parts vehicle. Maybe a trucks gone wild donor.
Is this truck to be sold? I too need parts. Please advise

cucvrus

So........ what happened to the engine swap vehicle?
I guess that i am too far away for it to be worthwhile
Lets just say after further looking and doing my research the engine swap vehicle was not worthy of my time and others money. I can't polish a turd. The owner and I met up Friday night we had a very long conversation and I discovered that the rear axle was not a locker. The Ebrake cables did not have the parts inside the drums and I was unable to identify what year and model the axles came out of. Short of pulling the covers and checking ratio just to know I wasn't interested in getting deep into this badly altered CUCV. The rusted floors had pieces welded in and the roof and A pillar were rusted thru. The right door would not open with out a screw driver to pry the fender away from the door edge. I was going to discuss as things developed but after spending Friday evening doing a condition and cost evaluation of it I thought it best to not be something I involve myself in. It may not be a popular decision but short of a frame out from under it I wouldn't know where to start and where to finish. Sometimes you got to know when to hold them, and know when to sell them as is. I took the latter. I felt compelled by the project and have obligations to my current work load that will not allow me to get involved in such a project. and honestly it would have a poor outcome. I scrapped CUCV plow trucks for less work. I hope you all understand. There are more worthy CUCV's out there in better shape that need an engine and less work. Lift kits, hacked wiring, suspension modifications. These all played hard on my decision. Facebook market place fixed my mind in less then 12 hours. 65 emails later and the first man to show up left with it on a trailer. Putting a 454 and SM465 in it for a mud truck. Sounded like a great idea. Be Safe and Have Fun. Sharecropper this wasn't the truck to build off of. Trust me on that. Man has got to learn his limitations. This one had my worry working double time. Look closely and listen. I could hear the rust. P1000293.JPGP1000289 - Copy.JPGP1000290 - Copy.JPGP1000292 - Copy.JPGP1000291 - Copy.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks