• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Temp Alarm going off at all times???

WildernessJeep

I just did my motor swap on my 1984 M936 with a replacement (used) NHC250, and but for a few small issues it seems to be fixed. I did have a bird build a nest in the muffler during the downtime, so startup was "interesting" and now I need a new muffler. Anyways, after the swap my "Engine Temp" light is constantly illuminated, with the accompanying buzzer, and after a few minutes of running it starts to flash. It does this at all times--even when the engine is stone cold. I've filled and double checked the fluid levels, and the temp gauge seems to be reading correctly as per a digital thermometer. I haven't seen any signs of overheating at all, but the alarm and light persist. Does the warning light have a separate sensor somewhere? PFA.

20220129_151317.jpg

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Temp light is possibly the sender. Was it the original one you swapped over or did the replacement motor have one on it?

No alarm on it that I am aware of for temp.

There is a fail safe module with alarm on the left driver's side kick panel for low air pressure / air brake problem. Is that where the noise is coming from? many threads on it here and that module has had at least 3 revisions.

Floridason had mufflers for sale in the past.

I put a rain flap on my exhaust not for the birds but because they tend to rust out with water and sitting up. Would have kept critters out also.

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine does the same thing. Where is the sender located? I’ve probably just over looked it but just can’t seem to find it. Damn buzzer is making me crazy!!

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine wasn’t rebuilt. It still has the temp light and as soon as it starts flashing the alarm goes off also. Engine is at normal operating temperatures. I’ve changed the failsafe box twice already with the same symptoms.

WildernessJeep

It's wired into the parking brake buzzer.

The temp lights and buzzer should be disabled from the military. Any rebuilds were anyway.

They had a blank spot where the bulbs go

I can pull the bulb easy enough, but dat buzzer? How to disable it without disabling the low air/parking brake buzzer?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks