• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine ugrades

3dubs

This is the girdle. If you want to leave the engine in you will have to lift the engine. I read the TM for removing the oil pan and you have to lift the engine to get it off. So maybe you can do it. Call them and ask.

Attachments

ABN173

I just won an auction a couple of weeks ago for two 6.5L engines (listed as 6.2) for $150 these are the detuned non turbo version, I am pretty sure that they need a rebuild. but they look in decent enough shape. I have not decided if I will rebuild em myself or turn them in for a rebuild when I deploy next year.

Attachments

3dubs

In a container you can take your time. You just can't flip it over when working on the bottom. I was told you can start the engine in the container. Then you could see if it needs anything. If it runs good you can just add the turbo. When it is out I would put a girdle on the bottom for longer life. I hear the engine gets cracks on the webs. I saw a few engines on GL up there but they weigh too much to ship. If you break it down you can get the crank and pistons balanced. It does not cost much when you bring it in broken down,

3dubs

The engine runs great. When I was putting the engine in the #8 injector line caught on the fuel filter and bent. Now there is a knock. When I change the line I also will put marine injectors in. The turbo is down the road. It is just money.