• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine wont rev to 2600 rpm

area52

You do know there is a "bolt" under the accelerator pedal right? ( at least in my deuces there was) It limits the amount of movement in the throttle. Try adjusting it so you can get some more movement in the throttle.

Blackmagic94

You do know there is a "bolt" under the accelerator pedal right? ( at least in my deuces there was) It limits the amount of movement in the throttle. Try adjusting it so you can get some more movement in the throttle.
I'll check that out. Is there any kind of measurement I can do to see if I am getting proper travel in the cable?

Flyingvan911

I wonder if there is still some air in the system. Also put some Power Service in to clean the injectors. You might try running around town a little and see if it helps.

G-Force

Do you mean a timing light?

Regardless of the tach the truck does not reach maximum speed.

Like these
Amazon.com: Digital Photo Laser Tachometer Non Contact Tach: Automotive

Without the truck running have someone push the accelerator all the way down to the floor and see if your throttle arm is hitting the stop on the Injection pump. If so,, start the truck and check the no load wide open throttle with the photo tach to verify your dash tach is reading correctly. If all checks out but you're still only getting 2600 rpm at wide open throttle loosen the wide open throttle stop screw to give you more throttle travel on the injection pump till you get to wide open throttle rpm, which I do beleive is 2850 rpm. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me. Then if you cannot get the rpms while driving turn up your fuel some.

Blackmagic94

I don't get 2600 rpm. Only 2350 as to the fact the truck does not hit top speed. The tach could read 10000 for all i car. Unless it hits 2600 it won't go 56 mph.

Blackmagic94

Im gonna check for kinks in the line, thats an interesting theory.

Its either a lack of fuel or something is not allowing it to operate full throttle such as these cables. The truck was serviced on a PM 1000 miles ago by the MIL so I doubt it needs a valve adjustment.

G-Force

I don't get 2600 rpm. Only 2350 as to the fact the truck does not hit top speed. The tach could read 10000 for all i car. Unless it hits 2600 it won't go 56 mph.
Is this 2350 rpm your NO LOAD RPM????
If so adjust your Wide open throttle stop screw until you get 2600 rpm. You need to know if the engine can rev up to 2600 rpm or is it being controlled by the governor or being stopped by the wide open throttle stop. Do this without the cable from the pedal connected. If it is hitting 2600 rpm with NO LOAD turn up your fuel some to see if you get to 2600. You should really put a boost gauge and EGT gauge on it so you know whether you're overfueling and approaching meltdown mode.

Westech

CPL
Hey G- Force

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Operating range is 1200-2600rpm. No load max rpm is 2850-2900rpm (page11). Make sure your gauge is accurate before setting it (page 30-33). Also see page 13... ( LDS465 Troubleshooting Manual, attached .pfd)

Attachments

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yes. The LDS has many similarities with the LDT and LD. There are differences but the Troubleshooting shows many service aspects as the same. Unfortunately the HP/Torque graph is just the LDS output. Does anyone have a graph for the LD or LDT??

One of the LDS dash #'s had a higher operating range, maybe 2800(?).

It has been covered before but some differences are a bigger turbo w/wastegate (which many had lost over time), bigger air filter, higher boost and fueling, wrist pins (solid/hollow, which are interchangable), starter location....

Blackmagic94

I'm reading the tm that was linked. But unless that was Posted how would I know which tm to read. **** some have 1500 pages. It's nice to know that some people are more focused on helping a member rather then if they spent time using the search button which guess what I did.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm reading the tm that was linked. But unless that was Posted how would I know which tm to read. **** some have 1500 pages. It's nice to know that some people are more focused on helping a member rather then if they spent time using the search button which guess what I did.
TM's have index's and you can narrow the seach through them and read a chapter at a time.