• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Entered Deuce in Car Show

englishmauser

We had a car show yesterday in Lancaster, WI. I placed fourth in the special interest group. The best part was talking to a World War II Vet who was in the Battle of the Bulge. I also met a few MV owners and others who were interested in my M35A2. I was worried I would be out of place, but the other exhibitors I met were really cool. Kids really like it and had a lot of fun showing it off.

Attachments

srodocker

i entered mine into a carshow this summer. i was a late entry but still got a next generation award as me and the gf were the youngest there. i didnt even have my back open as i was moving but stopped at the car show hahah.

truck looks great

mikew

Congratulations! Maybe with a little more cleaning and some "tire black" you can take 1st next year!

I don't think anyone should ever worry "being out of place" at a car show, car guys are car guys pretty much no matter what kind of vehicle.

I'm a member of both my local Jaguar and Mercedes clubs.... and those people are wound pretty tight, ever seen someone cleaning wire spoke wheels with a q-tip and toothbrush (that's considered the standard cleaning method)? The funny thing is they much prefer for me to bring my bobbed deuce than one of my "regular" cars.

Attached is a photo from last years car show at the Mercedes dealership. That's my truck with a Mercedes branded Smart Car.

Attachments

mistaken1

Good looking truck. I like the green and white stars.

On my deuce there are places where the CARC did not stick and you can see the original green underneath.....

two.fiveM35

I had the exact same experience a month age. I pulled up no knowing what to expect, but it turned out great. We loved the stories that the vet told us. Even had a Army recruter talk to me and gave me his number if I had any question about the truck. He used to work on then.

Attachments

Flyingvan911

When I get my deuce I should make my little brothers repaint it with Q-Tips, ha, ha.

Taking an MV to a car show is a great way to build support among fellow vehicle collectors. With the Wisconsin (and other states) legislative trouble for MV's lately we need all of the support we can get. You never know who you'll meet that has influence in the collector car community. It also helps spread OD fever. Probably most small car collectors never thought of trying to get a surplus MV.

paradeduty

Great Hobby Exposure

I never seem to be a little concerned that when I take one of the trucks to an event that I/it might be a little bit out of place - but I am usually quite surprised with the reception (especially from elderly vets with huge volumes of history to tell - sometimes I don't even get the time to check out the other vehicles at the show!). Attached are a few shows the wife and I have taken the trucks to. Have fun!

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the car show success, I have had my Deuce in 2 shows so far and will be entering another one next month, if both shows it was the only MV there, people seem to really like these trucks and they are just plain fun to be at! Keep up the attendance at the shows and congrats once aggain
karl

englishmauser

Found the picture of the show judge....rofl
If he was the judge, I would not have placed at all. My truck is too modern for his taste. After all he has a 1953 GMC gasser and an M52 5 Ton tractor.

That was a good one Greg, now to let everyone else in on the joke. Fidel is my older brother.

mikew

As part of a fund raising event for an organization called "Rebuilding Together" (kind of a Habitat for Humanity group) an adult soapbox derby was held in OKC this weekend. The local Jaguar dealership put together a group of cars ranging from a 1957 XK-140 to the new XF to display at the derby. They called me and asked if I'd bring our '89 XJ-S, it's a V-12 powered convertible (somewhat better acceleration than a Deuce).

So my wife drives the XJ-S to the derby and I follow her in our newest bobbed deuce, with the intent of leaving the car for the day and running errands in the truck.

Well the general manager from the Jaguar dealership asked, if it was ok, would we leave the bobbed deuce at the derby and just run our errands in our XJ-S.

People were much more excited to see a big truck than a 160mph V-12 coupe!

The moral is, never be concerned that your truck isn't good enough to enter in a car show, people love them!

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike I have a 71 M35A2 that I have restored from stem to stern, I also have a 08 Z-06 Corvette, I drive and enter the Deuce in more shows than the car and I cannot agree more the truck draws people in like a magnet and its a lot more fun to talk about than the car is!
KK

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the "successful" show.

There's a car show here this weekend that I was planning to attend. Unfortunately, we'll be attending a family Memorial Service in NM instead - - - Family comes before hobbies.
Looking forward to the next opportunity to show off though.

skinnedknuckles

Congrats on your success at the car show :-D Most of the street rod bunch that I hang around with enjoy it when I bring one of my trucks out. They ask questions about my ride and I do the same about theirs. Yep, the kids like army trucks :-D. Maybe we can get together some time and do a couple of shows. Whats this I hear about the adoption of another green truck into the family? :p I have heard rumors who its for, :p:razz: I wonder how Fidel is coming along with his how to float a m105a2 trailer :grd:

Paul in Janesville

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks