• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EPARTSMAN's M1009 Build

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Nice build, mine is also a FL M1009 and may have more rust (less every week though). Don't give up :)

epartsman

Same here with my teen daughter, the only one that shares my love are my sons. Both the wife and daughter hate em. When I get my 5-Ton home, I'm going to "honk" on the train horn when I'm pulling in... she's going to love that, I'm going to make sure to mount my GoPro cameras to catch the moment :)
Awesome! Wish I could be a fly on the wall for that.

epartsman

Class 3 hitch added and tied into military pintle to have the correct positioning and pivotability required for military trailers. Note the bracket from the pintle to the hitch is from an m1008 pick up and the hitch from a salvage yard. The ears were cut off of the oem pintle mount and welded to the hitch so I can use my M101A2 and connect with ease. My friend Jay fabricated a tag bracket that mounts through the shackle bracket which can be removed by pulling the shackle pin. If anyone is interested we have another slightly different hitch that we can install for you hitch included for $150.00 and he can fabricate you a tag bracket for $40.00 plus materials.

2013-02-19_18-08-01_787.jpg2013-02-19_18-08-12_35.jpg2013-02-19_18-08-22_163.jpg

epartsman

Here are a few pics of my body donor. I paid $750.00 for what you see minus engine, trans, t-case, and drive shafts. It will go back military loosing all the chrome and mldgs but I will have the advantage of having a factory a/c dash with controls as well as most of the under hood stuff.

photo (8).jpgphoto (10).jpgphoto (12).jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks