• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EPIC Deuce becomes the daily driver

merlot566jka

Blew up the corvette last night, and only have the deuce as a back up. So it becomes the daily for the winter.

Probably going to put the 11.00x20 single tires I have a set just sitting around on to try and get the best mpg out of it.

Also going to have to flip the hubs, replace the axle boots, and give the ole beast a little tune up (rocker arms, air filter, oil etc etc)

It will be all highway 50 miles a day.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bummer. Sorry to hear about the Vette.

Are you going to make it for the Convoy on the 26th and the Light Parade on Dec 1st?

merlot566jka

I blew it up by bouncing off the rev limiter all sunday at the 1/4 mile track, doing burn outs to warm up the street tires. with 151k miles, it was about time something broke.

I am going to repair it... more like over build it... port and polish, cam, springs, valve job, new pistons, rings etc etc. Full rebuild with a little more push in the power dept.

I will be looking for a good local machine shop for the block and head work... all the port and assembly will be done by yours truely.

Last edited:

camoyj7

Deuce's make great daily drivers. Been driving mine everyday for the last 4 months and put 5200 miles on it. On 100% wmo i'm getting around 8 mpg.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I blew it up by bouncing off the rev limiter all sunday at the 1/4 mile track, doing burn outs to warm up the street tires. with 151k miles, it was about time something broke.

I am going to repair it... more like over build it... port and polish, cam, springs, valve job, new pistons, rings etc etc. Full rebuild with a little more push in the power dept.

I will be looking for a good local machine shop for the block and head work... all the port and assembly will be done by yours truely.
For an Old School shop contact

Buddy Rice Percision Engine
1501 W. Main
Oklahoma City,OK
405-235-5475

I have used them many times.

merlot566jka

LT4 STATUS:
the f-ing throttle body airfoil retaining screw came loose and made its way into the intake and has been crushed into thousand pieces. most of the large pieces were still inside the intake manifold...all smashed to ****. All of the intake valves were full of oil(WTF??). Also found the intake manifold gasket was leaking, and the vacuum line for the fuel pressure regulator was full of gas... indication of extremely high crankcase vacuum.
I assume the TB Airfoil screw was built with sub-par steel, as the lock but that had locktite on it was still smashed on the back of the screw... likely the head sheered off the screw.
Looks like a valve job, new valves, valvetrain and possibility pistons are on the drawing board

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks