• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Equipment Folders

VASteve

us-army-vehicle-equipment-record-folder.jpgIn the early 80's I drove a CUCV ( K-5 Blazer ) then a HMMV. In the vehicle I carried an operator's manual, a Lubrication order, Driver registration, PMCS, Maintenance records ( DA 2404 ), Blank accident form, plus some other paperwork I am sure I have forgotten. I seem to remember a form that had the dates of regular/periodic services. I carried these in a camo folder with clear sleeves.

I just bought a 1954 M38A1. During the 1950's, what manuals, forms and paper work would have been carried in Army vehicles? What kind of folder would have been used?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Steve. The M38A1 would have carried the same docs in the folder, not much has changed over the years. The binder itself would have been a green one with no camo. A vendor has these on ebay very reasonably.

You can post questions about your M38A1 directly in the M38/M38A1 forum.