• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Estimate the amount of lift on this truck?

pevrs114

Hey fellas,

Don't post much (lurk all the time, though). Can you guys help me estimate how many inches of lift are on this truck? It's an M1008 running 38" super swampers. The fenders have been trimmed some.

Thanks!

allrevup

6" good for up to some 37" tires with decent articulation, more with compromises and fender triming. Look in Coloradok5.com

powerhouseduece

personaly i think its its a 4" you would be suprized how much room you would have when you remove the front bumper. I had a 1988 f-350 with all stock suspension and i took off the front bumper and made a stubby winch bumper and i cleared 37" tires. Im sure that i could have fit 38"s with still no fender trimming.

CCATLETT1984

the difference with chevy trucks is that the front axle is not centered in the wheel opening, its set back towards the cab. moving the front axle forward ~1.5" will get you much more room for tires. For larger diameter tires with little to no lift, skinny tires are key. I have a stiff 6" lift on my truck and run 38.5x15x16.5's and had to trim the fenders a little bit. I would not have had to trim at all if i had moved the axle forward.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks