• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ether can for M939 trucks?

D6c

Is the ether starting fluid can for the M939's the same as older commercial trucks?

The one I"m thinking of is the same type of container as a propane torch bottle.

lindsey97

I have used this one on my M923. Brand is quickstart, part # LP535, NSN is 2910-00-646-9727. 22 fluid ounces.

Long skinny can mounted with thread end down, has same threaded head as lp lantern bottle.

Grimm21

I just ordered a can from Napa the price is still $45.00 it is the standard size bottle I think 18oz. I hope the ether unit on the truck is functioning. I just bought the truck in the early summer so this will be my first winter with the truck.

D6c

I just ordered a can from Napa the price is still $45.00 it is the standard size bottle I think 18oz. I hope the ether unit on the truck is functioning. I just bought the truck in the early summer so this will be my first winter with the truck.
Same here....tried checking if I was getting power to the solenoid yesterday but it was out in the field and had trouble with my volt meter.
Not so cold yet that it won't start but that could change any time.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe they also have a temp sensor that won't let it fire unless its a certain temp outside.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
20 degrees.

Search is your friend, as well as the -10 basic operators manual(It's all in there).

Grimm21

He has forgotten more than I could possibly know about these green monsters. I am still new to this hobby and learning every day I would love to have someone like him close to me so I could watch and learn how to make these things go.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ether used properly with the cold start system will not hurt anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D6c

Doesn't have a block heater as I wasn't intending to use it in very cold weather.

Interesting to know that there might be a temperature cutout.....I'll have to look at the wiring diagram.

D6c

I believe they also have a temp sensor that won't let it fire unless its a certain temp outside.

Looked at the P2P software for the M931 wiring.....doesn't seem to have a temp sensor but it does have a pressure switch. From what it says, it monitors fuel pressure to prevent you from triggering the ether whiile the engine is running or cranking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks