• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ether feed switch no power

MTMUDRUNNER

Been working on the ether switch today, here is what I have done:
Checked if I had power to the switch in the cab no, so went to TM9-2320-272-23-1 and found the ether starting system operation. I have power to 5A through the CB and to 27 I could not find 5C so I disconnected 498B from the switch, connected 5A and had power to the switch. Next I went through all the connections from the switch an had power until it goes to the sensor on the block I am guessing it is a temp sensor, so I bypassed the sensor and went to the 570 wire on the bottle and had power to there but it still wont actuate the tank valve so I am guessing the valve is bad. The only problem is when I disconnected 5A I lost the oil pressure gauge (no good), any suggestions on getting power to the switch or where 5C is so I can follow the wiring ?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm also guessing bad valve. They are relatively inexpensive. My first truck a M35A3 had a bad valve, I bought one straight from the manufacturer, spliced it in and presto, I could start my deuce in the winter.

MTMUDRUNNER

I am pretty sure the valve is bad, I guess my main problem is no power to the switch in the cab if it is hooked up like it came, it has no power, I just can't figure out where I don't have power to the switch. I am guessing a break in the wire or disconnected?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hooked up like it came doesn't mean right! I just was airing up all the tires on my 936A2, got to the right rear, the air line was zip tied as the air line wouldn't reach the wheel turrent. The mechanics put the rim on almost 180 degrees of where it should be. There is space between some lugs and the rim too!!!!!! I'm glad I had this truck towed home. The lugs/ studs could've broke and the rim and tire could've killed someone.

Back to your problem, There has to be a wiring diagram in the tm's.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's in TM9-2320-272-23-5 Page 615 wire 498B goes into one side of the ether switch,530 comes out the other side of the switch into a thermostat then into the valve.