• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ether kit installation?

cbvet

I bought a KATS ether kit for my M813.
Can someone tell me where the ether bottle & valve are normally mounted? There's already so much stuff attached to the firewall on the driver's side, it looks like i may have to make some room on the passenger side. Moving the horns or something?
Also, where on the intake is the ether nozzle usually mounted? I could remove the non-working glow plug and use that port, or maybe remove the current cold start nozzle i suppose.

steelandcanvas

I don't recall the engine connections, but I have always seen the bottle and valve mounted on the firewall just to the left (facing) and above the steering column. There may be an MWO that specifies this location.

Triple C

On my 925, the valve is mounted on a small bracket that sits on the same bracket the washer res is on and the bottle screws on to the top of the valve. The line then goes to a temp valve on the coolant line and then back to a inlet on the steel part of the intake manifold just past where the rubber boot attaches and before it splits up heading for the cylinders. I can get you a pic if that helps.

Triple C

Pic of ether bottle on truck

As it happens, I took a picture of a cab with the ether system showing when I was at Glens, I don't know what model this is, but I hope it helps.ether.jpg

cbvet

Thanks, Triple C!
There just isn't enough space near the steering column on mine. My 813 is apparently laid out differently than your 925. Protective control box, flasher, and a bunch of other stuff there. I 'll move things around if I need to in order to mount the valve & bottle.
I'd still like to know the best place to inject the ether into the intake, but it probably doesn't make much difference.
I bought the kit with the pull cable to operate it. Might be better if batteries are dead or other electrical problems. At least I could push or pull it to get it started.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks