• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC - Has something changed? I'm so confused

govt

I was the winner in an auction yesterday for an M931 truck. Today I receive an Paid in Full email. That usually doesn't happen until I complete my EUC....everything I've purchased in the past has always required an EUC. I contact GL support and ask what's up? They state an EUC is not required and your truck is ready for pickup. Uh...one day later? I haven't bought anything in months but the EUC process has always been painful on the wait. What has changed?

So confused...Can someone enlighten me?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
sometimes they don't require them. Hopefully you aren't tied up and can go get your truck! I did the same thing, won a m915, filled out the EUC, sent it in, and they said, uh... no EUC required. I burned rubber to get the truck THAT DAY before they changed their minds...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Double check the sale page and see if the EUC red banner is there.

Sometimes things are miss coded by the people turning stuff in and things slip thru the cracks.

Have you ever seen the canoes that require an EUC?

govt

I guess I'm so conditioned to knowing I could wait up to 90 days and one day after purchase they say....come get it? It feels so wrong lol!

Gruemeyer

1st Gov Purhcase on EUC

HI.. I just won my 1st M109.. no EUC. shipping company thru Uship just picked it up in WI. and will arrive in Indy tomorrow at 8am June 1....

No EUC needed on Vec.. I admit to knowing very little about the process.. However looking at the auctions it appears many of them do not require same..

Got more stuff coming up. INcluding Brass . THe brass need EUC other stuff does not.

M1031CMT

Unless there is a big red banned that reads "EUC Certificate Required" near the bottom of the auction page, that means you don't need one. I only look for auctions without it for various reasons.

No red banner = no EUC

No idea how they come up with the requirements with what needs an EUC and what doesn't. Is a toss up. Seen tons of auctions for basic M105 trailers that need EUC's, but at the same time they have a 3-4 M35A3's and none need EUC's. Very weird.

Attachments

Last edited:

M1031CMT

Has anyone asked govli..com how or why or what?
There is no common sense that goes with that. I seriously doubt you will not get "one" answer that explains why one thing requires one and another doesn't.

I wouldn't ask either. Never know what they could do. Might even cause more of them to have an EUC put on them.

When we asked why the CDN M35 (MLVW) couldn't be allowed to be registered for the road, the government responded by not sending any of them to surplus anymore and is having all future trucks scrapped.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just won a M931 today. I was going to fill out the EUC tonight but I better go back and look at the auction. I didn't pay any attention but I assumed it required a EUC.

KsM715

Has anyone asked govli..com how or why or what?
roflroflroflrofl

You're new here aren't you?

*edit* I'm just kidding around with you. If you hang around here long enough you'll realize there is no rhyme or reason to the way GL and the GOV. surplus things out.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just won a M931 today. I was going to fill out the EUC tonight but I better go back and look at the auction. I didn't pay any attention but I assumed it required a EUC.
Just went back and looked at the lot. EUC required :(. Guess I'm not as lucky as some of y'all.

rbeasley66

The two M1009s we picked up in Camp Shelby didn't require an EUC either. Which is fine if your ready to roll on a recovery trip. I was planning on 3 to 4 weeks, or more, prep time for the trip. Well, that didn't happen, had to roll that week :driver:

Truckoholic

Yep, M931's almost never require an EUC which I imagine is one reason they tend to go for more money. People would rather spend more money to not have to wait. I guess there is something about a Cargo bed on a truck that makes it more dangerous in the hands of potential terrorists than a fifth wheel hitch.

Csm Davis

Okay here's the skinny on what does and doesn't require a EUC it is determined by NSN at battle creek. Govliquidation doesn't get any real say in what does or doesn't have a EUC. Now about the 931's what's stupid is a 932 does require an EUC but 931 doesn't, the difference is the winch or so I was told. Now there is a process that can be filed to ask that the demil code of a nsn be changed, yeah like that's going to happen anytime under ten years!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks