• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC in 5 Days!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's sale 4600 in Hooks end of last month, five days from it being sent to Battle Creek it was approved, but it took GL eleven days to send it on, no revisions just slow! I have been reading how some are having a long wait on their EUC's I was getting resigned to a long wait as well! Now I can see how the Armada will handle the military flat bed and ten cubic foot compressor it will be hauling.
James G.

TexRdnec

it took GL 11 BUSINESS days to send my EUC out to BC...................

ETA: also on 4600, 1st to the 15th

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sale on 9-3-09, EUC to GL on 9-8-09, on to BC on 9-9-09, approved and invoiced today. Brandi, of course! Sorry, DUG.
LOL!! Good for you man! DUGs EUC waitin days are over. Unless I get a five ton. ;)

jeep-Jeep

Ive won the bid thurs and submitted mon and been approved thurs
it all depends on work load and whether you can fill out the papers how they want them the first time ;-)

Nonotagain

Was this the first EUC for any of you guys?
Nope, not my first and probably won't be my last.

Event 4663.

Sent EUC to GL the afternoon of the 10th.

GL forwarded EUC to Battle Creek on the 11th.

Battle Creek approval and paid in full invoice on the 16th.

Kudos to the GL reviewers and the folks at Battle Creek.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was not my first EUC, and I think you are right on the work load, I won a M105 down at Little Rock, completed the EUC that night sent it in the next morning and within 24 hours was on it's way to Battle Creek, just luck of the draw.
James G.

jeep-Jeep

sorry to hear it is taking so long for a active soldier .
I have heard that before .
They may have a hard time approving someone on base ?
who knows what problems the government may have it may be easier to search the background on a civilian since your background may be classified.
Ps hope that is not your new truck in your avatar ,the army kept that one in top shape!

Chief_919

Lucky guys. Battle Creek has had my EUC 45 days. I must be a high risk. I am active duty military with two tours to Iraq and waiting to head out a third time. I live on the base from where I purchased my truck. I have already made two payments on my credit card and the only time I get to see the truck is when I get over to DRMO on visitation days.
When I send my drivers license copy, I always have my military ID in the picture as well next to it. So far that seems to speed it up a bit.

Tnrobocop

When I send my drivers license copy, I always have my military ID in the picture as well next to it. So far that seems to speed it up a bit.

And you better stop doing copies with military ID's.

Violation of security and law now apparently.

We briefed it at guardmount about a month ago to stop doing copies of military ID's to anyone.

JAYHAWK 1962

Still waiting on bc
from 7/30 8/7 8/28 9/10 they all got to bc quickly enough. So now whatever the hold up is i do not know i have an ffl i work for the va and am a pharmacist , oh also have class iii automatic weapons legally of course. So i can't imagine what the problem is.

1qwkgoat

What is it that they do different at BC that makes the first EUC take so much longer then the rest.

I read where a guy who bough a truck from the same sale as me got his EUC approved in 7 days, it wasnt his first however. Mine was sent to BC one day after his and has been there 35 days, what can they do for a first EUC that would add the 30 extra days. I mean I know they have to put in a little extra information for your first EUC but 30 days:evil:

At this point I'm just happy I didn't add the deuce that I won to my signature line. It would have really sucked in 10 days when GL cancels my sale to have to remove it from my sig.

ncdeerejeep

Well event 4573 is not the first time I have bought a "vehicle" from GL or the goverment. I won a M101A1 in 11/2004 and bought 2 more in 12/2004. This was before the Demil. after they change the classification I received the EUC's in the mail a few years later.

Trailers are what I'm waiting on now (3) I have a small farm a use them to haul Ear corn for deer. They are great, you can load them to the top of the side boards and they beg for more.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm relatively sure they set up a file on individuals on the first EUC, which is what makes the subsequent ones go faster (IE, same info as on previous submissions, approve it). On the first one, they do a 'routine' National Agency Check, which has a lower priority and can take up to 60 days to hear back from all the agencies that have to be asked. I have been told that BC is also short on personnel to initiate the NAC, which is slowing down things for the first timers. That is strictly a rumor, but appears to have a basis in fact in the tales that are being posted here - best way around it, bid and win on something DEMIL B or Q that is cheap a month or two before you bid on something you really want, and follow through. Then you will have an established file when you really do get that truck you have always dreamed about. YMMV.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks