• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Euc ?

Rapracing

I have been looking at the MEP-002a's and 003a's for a couple of months. I have bid on a couple of occasions without success so far. My question is regarding the EUC form. I haven't seen it anywhere on the auctions for these gensets that it is required. Can you tell me if it is or not. Just curious because I see on here many times that it can take weeks if not months for those to get approved.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you thought to look at the listing itself on GL. The listings tell you what the requirements are for each bid lot. If it does not say it requires an EUC then it doesn't.

Before you ask other questions about how to pay or how long does it take or any of a number of other questions read all the rules at GL. This one little tip may save you a lot of grief AND money.

Rapracing

Yes! I have looked at many. I have only seen it listed one time. I didn't know if it was facility related or if it just wasn't being listed. I am new at this so forgive me if I ask a dumb question. I see truck listed at one facility that require it and the same truck at another the does not have it listed. Just wanting to know what I am in for before I do it.

Thanks

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it isn't on the listing it does not need an EUC. Like I said, read all the rules on their site it will help.

PETE BALLARD

As the above post says by swbradley1 is correct, i recently purchased a M1028A1 from GL which did need the EUC form completed. Initailly i was vary concerned as it states it could take as long as 60 days to be approved upon your first form submitted. I checked with one of the GL people in Phoenix and they suggested if the various answers in the form can be answered from the selections in the drop down boxs it speeds your approval process along. ( in other words use their answers)Mine took 8 days from the day sumitted to the approval date. They also say the first one is the toughest one. That doesn't make sence to me - one would think each form is handled individualy. When you think about it what is propriatary about a genset or a pickup truck?? "00" secret?? Hardly! Hope this helps you.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The EUC requirement is one of the great unknowns. It all depends on how the supply clerk codes it on the turn in paperwork.

i have seen canoes that required one and large tactical trucks that don't.

M1911A1

I got my first EUC back in five days (including a weekend) but got less than 24 hours notice to remove the lot from GL.
The short notice aside the rest of the process was fairly painless. The EUC dept. was helpful in providing the " correct " answers and tips to get the form processed faster. In the end I picked up a nice M116A3E2 yesterday from Macdill AFB.

Rapracing

Just an FYI! I had 9 002/s and 003s in my watch for the stuff that ended today. NONE of them stated anywhere on the acutions, descriptions or anywhere else that and EUC was required. I went into my "closed watch list" this evening to see what they had gone for and EVERYONE of them says an EUC is required.