• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUCs and our money

Fort rogers

Well i wonder if some vehicles have issues, april euc 3 days may still waiting on 2 M-109s, since then two seperate sales of trailers, m-915, blazers were timely at 2 weeks. Does not make sence to me and if i were to sale something and a nother party hold up sale i would be responsible! Either do it right and conssistent or not at all. They are a professional company I think, they didnt hesitate to charge me 25% when my credit card was declined, didnt work with me in the least. If they would perhaps better be willing to work with us i would be a little more understanding, but right now my report card is a C- at best!

ARYankee

Has anyone else looked at the ridiculous low price listed on the SF-97s as a purchase price.
I've thought that and even asked that question in the past on here. Can't remember what the answer was though. I still wonder why you need an EUC for GL but not GSA. I like the idea of doing a check before you bid and maybe have to be rechecked once a year. Then you would be good to go. I work for a govt contractor and we have an extensive background check after we are hired and if we don't pass then are employment is terminated. They also keep close tabs on us while in that program. I think they should do some thing similar to that or what was mentioned above and previous posts.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I asked a GL representative, he told me that they have to buy everything before they can offer it at auction. I'm not sure if I believe it, but that is what I was told.

-Chuck
But GL is an auctioneer not a reseller??!!

You are right, that statement smells funny, like someone trying to get the dogs called offa him.

Maybe he meant to say GL gets the Gov to agree to a purchase price before the auction.....

Rick
There was a link around here somewhere that had the GL contract with the government. I haven't read the contract but I'm sure it spells all this out.

stumps

But GL is an auctioneer not a reseller??!!

You are right, that statement smells funny, like someone trying to get the dogs called offa him.

Maybe he meant to say GL gets the Gov to agree to a purchase price before the auction.....

Rick
I wasn't trying to get a problem fixed. I just asked. No dogs to be called off.

From time to time, guys post the price that was on their SF97's for deuces, and there is no relationship to the price they paid at auction, and the price GL pays (or claims to pay) the government. I have also heard of SF97's that showed a GL price that was above the price paid at auction.

I think GL has a formula that they must use to price the items, and that is the price they will pay the government. I don't think they are required to auction stuff off, and their GL direct sales of surplus items would tend to prove that out, would it not?

-Chuck

Blythewoodjoe

I was about to start a thread about this subject and ran across this one. I have not read the entire thread so I hope I am not asking a question that has been answered. But here we go:

I understand the EUC thing takes time.
I understand the auction is "selling the truck.
I also understand in South Carolina, if you sell a truck, by law you must provide the buyer with a title (much less the truck) with in 45 days.

So here is the question I have. Since there is a Federal party involved here that must approve the sell of a small cargo trailer (talk about whizzing tax dollars away) why does GL collect money before the sale is approved for this item. They didn't back in 2002 when I bought my first truck. If they waited until the purchase was approved by the owner (am I wrong to conclude the same Government that approves the EUC is also the owner of the item) to collect the money the true sale date would be the later date. By collecting the money at auction close, they are jumping the gun.

In fact let me ask this. If I buy a truck and submit a EUC and then sell the truck, I don't have to wait for a EUC on the new owner. I do have to sell to a citizen. Why doesn't GL submit a EUC and then they can approve people in house for these sales? This just seems like a very sloppy process. At any rate I don't mind waiting on my truck, I just think it is wrong of GL to take money for the sale before I can pick up the truck. No body else does things that way. In fact, the truck I picked up earlier this year came with a "bill of sale" that stated the sale date was after the EUC cleared, unless I am mistaken.

Anyway I plan to approach my DMV about this later but I just wanted to get your thoughts on it first. I hope to have time later to read this entire thread.

Joe

Chief_919

Another thought: Does ANYONE have ANY insight into how and why there is no EUC required on trucks bought from the other Federal assets liquidation company?

Is it because GSA does not sell armed or armored vehicles? Is it that GL has a broad "direct from the military" contract to sell whatever comes pouring out of the bases? Anyone got a clue?

This slow EUC process is sure to be a boon for GSA auctions......

Rick
Quite simply, it is a case of classic government bureaucracy expanding, then protecting its turf.

An EUC was supposed to be for things like small arms ammo (back when they sold it), aircraft, and items that truly would hamper national security if they fell into the wrong hands. It was never intended to cover things like a civilian truck with a funky electrical system, 50 year old obsolete trailers, or canoes.

But you get a government office with 5 employees and 1 supervisor looking over that. That supervisor wants more $$. They know if they have more employees, they can get a promotion- so they fight to expand what is covered by their office, making more work, meaning more employees, now that dude who was a GS-10 supervising 5 GS-7's is now is a GS-12 supervising 3 GS-10's who supervise 5 GS-7's each.... and the cycle of growth continues.

I am sure now it is all about protecting the turf. Anyone with any common sense would say that a 50 year old obsolete trailer, or a blown engine identical to one sold by the GM dealer in any country, is not something that should require any scrutiny when you buy it. But eliminating those requirements would mean that you would see staff reductions in Battle Creek- and you can't have that.

I would love to see some whistle-blower article written in some newspaper about how much $$$ the government wastes every day employing people to look over the paperwork for blown engines and obsolete trailers.

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think GSA sells direct from the Military. While they are EX military vehicles, GSA sells vehicles that are used by government in other capacities. All of the vehicles in GSA are fire trucks in one form or another, or are used by government in other jobs then what they were intended for. You have M35a2's being used as brush trucks, M880's out fitted with tanks for fighting fires, or carrying atv's for fighting fires.

CGarbee

A few thoughts...

In my state (NC), my title fee is dependent on the price I paid for a vehicle, or the value that the State declares it to be if they (the computer system's programming based upon prior registrations) determine that the value on my bill of sale is too low. So, if GL keeps consistently putting low values on SF97's, everyone in NC benefits when it comes time to title... I don't use this form (or value) for anything other than getting a title and I have an invoice to show what I actually paid if I need it. I also pay a penalty if I wait too long to get the title after the sale, so having them date the sale as the date of the SF97 saves me money...

GSA items may have been used by another agency or a non-profit before being returned for sale, but they also sell items that have been sitting on the FEP yard for too long...military equipment that might have been picked up by a qualifying agency or group, but that has not. I don't ask too loudly about them not requiring an EUC for stuff since I figure somebody might notice and we will have the requirement added... :)

I agree about folks building empires and expanding staffs... I work for a governmental agency..., but I also know that an overworked group of staffers also has been known to look at an items broad use category and class off it it, not off the actual item (ie, not thinking and doing it the "easy" way). This gets us an EUC requirement for a wheel chock because the higher end text in the use description says "F14" or for electrical cable because it was used in conjunction with a "nuclear reactor"... I have employees who have to sign off on stuff that they can't even visualize because they are so far removed from the action, so I can be sympathetic (and I get asked a lot of questions, but I get paid to provide them with answers and they know the door is always open...).

I too wish that I could get a "blanket" EUC for a time period for a class of items, or at least that I could submit an EUC for more than one sale (I hate sending in four forms in one week...).

What I truly despise: In NC, I now have to have all SF97 items inspected by a member of the NCDMV Liscense and Theft Unit before I can apply for a tittle (a MVR-31 is now part of the title application package). This is part of a group of reforms in the system due to some folks getting titles for new custom built streetrods that showed the vehicles as being antiques... I can't figure out how an incorrect title on a streetrod is connected to a SF97, but I wasn't asked... I do know that it adds time to the effort. Not at all a GL or GSA item, but a State thing that adds to the frustration.