• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

European Member List

Croat

Well I'm not going to bath mine in a puddle of mud (I hate mud) but for hunting, exploring ex. war places, camping in nature, shooting ranges, and everyday driving I will use it. There's no way that I will abuse it but little bit of gravel from time to time will do no damage. In a fact will be a good for stretching a shocks a bit and for transferbox to work in different ratio :)

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I'm not going to bath mine in a puddle of mud (I hate mud) but for hunting, exploring ex. war places, camping in nature, shooting ranges, and everyday driving I will use it. There's no way that I will abuse it but little bit of gravel from time to time will do no damage. In a fact will be a good for stretching a shocks a bit and for transferbox to work in different ratio :)
😅 i would like it also offroad but not after we spent so much money on it.

We have drafthorses and need for it also a the truck.

The Sierra is waiting for that with the best LBZ Duramax only german Roadlicence limited me to put all the nice available US Stuff on it. But also this one is far away from finish.
Frame with rear axle is complete rebuild. Kryptonite Frontend waiting to build in, but the day have only 24 hours and for the trucks we have only the weekends or holidays like today 🙂

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the time being ill keep mine stock and after.. who knows
There was no more popular trucks than the old squarebodies. It was amazing that we had no problem to got any replacement part only special military equipment is rare. Of course in USA. I had to import all. I wait 2 years to find complete troopseats in Germany. To import is extremly expensive of size and weight.
Even Mercedes dont hold complete replacement parts over 40 years on the shelf...

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats strange, in Croatia (city Zagreb) there is everything for K5.. Seals, rubbers, headlights, filters.. U name it. I bought a pair of headlights and the price was 66 euro.
We have some less shops here which sell standard parts but you dont know the brand behind. They sell in neutral packages without a partnumber. So seals, weatherstrips, filters are not that problem. But try to get Kingpin-Sets, heavy duty springsets, drivetrainparts, bodyparts like doors or a new hood, or just simple things like some interieurparts. The choice here is minimal. Scrapyards are the past. We habe no more scrapyards. It is now a vehiclerecycling industrie. All which is just driveable will export to Africa. The rest will be disambling and recycled. Some good parts go to used carpartshops. The rest will be go to the recycling circle. If you was shoping one time in the US Shops for squarebodies 😍....

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you try at Morlock motors.de?
Morlock Motors will never get any Euro from us.... nore will i ever recommondate this vendor. High prices bad customerservice.
I know this vendor since 30 years and he will be more worse every year. Beside this did they have just standard parts. I can give you a list of german shops if you want.

Migginsbros

Nominate your MV at Steelsoldier MV of the month. I care about this thread since month. @papabear did it for years. A big thank you.
:driver: :beer::cool:

Croat

Morlock Motors will never get any Euro from us.... nore will i ever recommondate this vendor. High prices bad customerservice.
I know this vendor since 30 years and he will be more worse every year. Beside this did they have just standard parts. I can give you a list of german shops if you want.
I order and pay for a front windscreen before 1 month.. still nothing came. I'll have to do something.. maybe ill call my lawyer tomorow

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I order and pay for a front windscreen before 1 month.. still nothing came. I'll have to do something.. maybe ill call my lawyer tomorow
A month is very long except he had it not on the shelf

More reliable are
I had a request for a rearwindows with sliding windows, it was on the shelf and i could pick up myself to prevent transport damage. But after change to oldtimer restoration... original no sliding window in the rear. ..

And some less very small traders where should be very carefully to buy.

I dont think that Morlock Motors will go in a lawyer issue. Ask first why not deliver. Give them a chance to express whats on with your order. If still no reaction than go ahead. Thats the usual way in Germany before open a court issue as you have the costs of it before getting your rights.

I lost an order from USA on the delivery in Germany. So no one said i am responsible. I never got the 400 Euro back as i missed a transport insurance by using an export/import service and a lawyer and court issue was not worth it. Since this time i import myself and of course by insuranced transport

By the way best weatherstrips are from

I imported the complete set. All fit exactly and easy. It is worth the money.

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nominate your MV at Steelsoldier MV of the month. I care about this thread since month. @papabear did it for years. A big thank you.
:driver: :beer::cool:
If you think about us, really thank you for your invite but i prefer to wait until we finished the project. I have seen a lot of projects not really finished after years. I dont want be one of them. We are near by, just only the engine electric wiring must be complete... and than the moment is there to restart the engine. Not to forget the underbodyprotection.... After the complete enginerebuild is again more than a year pass by.... 🙈
The time for nomination is when he got his licenceplate. 🥳

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I guess my windscreen order and getting the money back will be a problem

I did not say that. I meant they are impolite. Or maybe better said unfriendly.
Nevertheless such vendors are timeconsuming in getting your rights.
It is good that they have their business in Germany.
You have rights which they have to fullfill.
I think you will get your money back, if they cant deliver. First they have their chance to fullfill the contract.
Did they give you an ETA? I guess no, that hold them all options of delay open. But they cant delay endless.
They will not risk their business.
The only problem is, how fast do you need the windshield?
This things need time and patience.
Usual time for import is around 4-6 weeks dependend on the delivery-way.
Yes the vendor have its own airplane but i dont think to import parts from USA.
It is an expensive flight with that airplanes

They think they have a celebrity status of their TV-Precence.
But this is just an soap opera like the "Ludolfs" (Scrapyard-Business) on DMAX.
Much blablabla and nothing behind.

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They said the est. time is from 9 to 18 september. The max. timelimit os 31 days from payment day so.. Oficialy they have 1 more day.
They said the est. time is from 9 to 18 september. The max. timelimit os 31 days from payment day so.. Oficialy they have 1 more day.
So time to go in action.
Morlock is not far away from us, just 200km.
Let me know if i can do something for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks