• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Eventful m923 recovery

sparksdiesel

Well guys, my name is Mark, and this is the story of my first recovery. 0430 Wednesday May 1st. Wake up, shower, pick up my brother at work at 0500 for 0800 appointment at Ft. McCoy gl. Pickup loaded the night before with advice from Kenny S, I have every tool I own and even some that I don't. Prepared for anything. Brother is 45 minutes late getting out of work, and its almost 3 hour drive to the post. Easy drive up, get there late and check in at visitors center. MP Takes my license, good to go. Takes my brothers card, not so much. MP asks me "who is taking the truck back?" "Well my brother is sir" "not on this base he's not, his license is suspended" Surprise! Now I have two trucks to get off post. Great. LUCKILY, everything on the 923 was ok. Better than ok, great! So we load all the tools into thd 923 and drive to the nearest truck stop 15 or so miles away. While filling up the 923 I noticed an over the road flatbed hauling 2 new FMTV'S. I asked the driver if he happened to be going to Fort McCoy, and he was but didn't know how to get there. So I hopped in his rig and he drove me back to post gate 20 for his delivery. That meant I had a three mile hike to the main gate. If you haven't been to Fort McCoy, its in the middle of no where, and they apparently don't take well to people walking in off the road. As soon as I settled the guards nerves, I was able to drive my pickup back to the truckstop and I drove the 923 back home uneventfully with a smile on my face the whole way. My brother also made it back home in the pickup without getting stopped.

Riftweaver

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the club. I'm sure you will enjoy every bit of time you get to spend with her.