• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ever find anything interesting hiding in your CUCV?

nyoffroad

I found a Ft. Drum map in one of mine and an original brass lock with key for the steering wheel chain, another one I picked up in Ga. had a large steel ball (about 2") from some ball bearing. other than that nothing but dirt.

Barrman

I found a 1984 skating party invitation up under the dash on one of mine. I posted a picture of it here 12 or more years ago. We figured out it was for a rink in Flint and was “installed“ during assembly.

You never know.

CARC686

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a Ft. Drum map in one of mine and an original brass lock with key for the steering wheel chain, another one I picked up in Ga. had a large steel ball (about 2") from some ball bearing. other than that nothing but dirt.
Steering wheel chain? I didn't know that was a thing they issued. I had to make my own.

D6T

Not many hiding places in a m1008
HHC 1/181Infantry, MA Army National Guard, circa 1998…had the very last of the unit’s stakeback/troop seated M1008s heading to auction. Heading back from the DRMO yard (saved the best ones for last!) and I tilted the seat forward to find a bunch of new in the bag ECWCS parkas and some MREs.

LT smiled and we split the loot between us :)

niferous

One of those dollar coins the US introduced and never really caught on. I consider it a lucky coin for the vehicle. I also found a bunch of receipts for explosives. Mine came from an EOD unit in the Florida National Guard.