• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ever hit a Sub-Compact?

The adage goes "He with the most lugnuts, WINS" You could be driving a TANK and people would still cut you off or tail gate you. Ive been cut off in the deuce, I try to keep good situational awareness and keep myself ready just incase.

I had a guy just the other day pass me on a double yellow blind corner, he wasnt happy I wasnt picking up speed fast enough as I just pulled out onto the road moments before.

Ive also been short stopped before, where someone goes flying around you to pass only to get in front of you to slam on there brakes to make there turn or the light turns.

I really could care less if they tail gate me in the Deuce, its there funeral. About the only time I will brake check someone is if they ride my ass in my Mustang, cause they deserve it. In my mustang I usually do 10-15 over and Its usually ricers. I will break check them from 80 down to about 30 drop it into 3rd gear go WOT and watch them become a dot in my rear view mirror.

One time though back in 2004 I was driving a Saturn s2, cheap cheap car. The bumpers were unpainted black abs plastic. Well I was on I-4 driving home from work. Its 4 lanes very little traffic. Im cruising and a yellow mustang comes up on my ass. Well I switch lanes to let him pass, he follow, so I get over again, he still follows. So I slow down to like 5 under so does he. So I speed up to about 10 over so does he. Well im fed up at this point. I slam my brakes and needless to say his mustang isnt so pretty anymore and my black bumper now has some yellow added to it. All I felt was a bump as he hit me, I didnt even stop I took off and im pretty sure he pulled over to look at the damage. The only thing on my bumper was a smudge of yellow paint and a abrassion mark.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To answer the original question with a question..........

In today's economy, suicide rates are UP. You've probably heard of "death by cop" where someone sets up a situation wherein a LEO shoots the guy when there are no alternatives.... well..... Maybe the guy in the MINICOOPER had a death wish and elected "death by duece"??????

Just a thought <sigh>

The "flipping off" part was simply that his plan had failed.

waayfast

I drive heavy trucks for a living and believe me we see our share of the most brain dead excuses for drivers on a daily basis.About 15 years ago I was hauling salvage timber off of a forest fire.The greenie weenie activists from Boise had pulled out all the stops trying to stop the sale but common sense had prevailed(for once) and we got the go ahead.The greenies hated the idea that the sale had gone thru and I remember lots of times getting the single finger salute.
One occasion still sticks in my mind was seeing a brain dead P.O.ed activist pull right out in front of my loaded log truck at the bottom of a long hill.My brakes were hot , the hill steep and this MORON pulls out and stops broadside in the middle of the highway in an infantile act of defiance.His sneer quickly became a look of panic(gosh-a few brain cells still perculating) when he realized magnatude of his stupidity.
Yeah, buddy I don't care how you vote,what misguided environmental group you belong to---all that doesn't matter---nothing personal here you see,this moment is all about physics now.YOU ARE ABOUT TO DIE.I could not stop this thing for anything and here you sit 75 feet in front of 80,000lbs at 55mph. Fortunately his wife or GF whatever didnt wish to participate and apparently her screaming convinced him to pull on thru the intersection just in time.
If you look at my profile on this site,I list my occupation as "Professional Idiot Dodger" and this story is why.

Billy Bobbed

To answer the original question with a question..........

In today's economy, suicide rates are UP. You've probably heard of "death by cop" where someone sets up a situation wherein a LEO shoots the guy when there are no alternatives.... well..... Maybe the guy in the MINICOOPER had a death wish and elected "death by duece"??????

Just a thought <sigh>

The "flipping off" part was simply that his plan had failed.
Man thats deep dude.

nah i dont think so most ppl are used to abs brakes good tires and being able to stop on a dime . that they let there car do there thinking for them.they dont even realize big rigs take way longer to stop.and when your just about on top of them they think your just being an idiot.

roscoe

OK, so today was just getting on the ON Ramp for the interstate, I was on the throttle pretty good, my pump is turned up so I was dumping smoke, and an R-Tard in a MiniCooper runs the yeild sign and pulls out in front of me and stops. ALL 10 tires lock up. And as I lay on the horn, this guy flips me off and speeds off. aua

So my 2 questions are this:
1. What in the **** would possess someone to do this? :cookoo:
2. Has anyone ever hit a small car with a Deuce and how bad was it?
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYe6jy0ynJs[/media]

Could be this bad.

when i first got my deuce i ran it over a small dodge car just to see what would happen it was a little bouncy but man was that car flat i dont think air bags would help you much if you were in a car a deuce hits.the bumper is so high compared to a semi your going over a small car most likely .

63sierra10

Ok, this one is not MV related but I had a guy come out of a liquor store drive thru and pull out in front of me doing 30 mph. I was about two car lengths away from the outlet to the drive thru. This guy looks right at me and he also has a 2 or 3 year old in a car seat in the back. I am driving a KW T-800 weighing about 97,000 lbs. How I kept from hitting him is beyond me. I will admit both of my hands went up against the windshield and the fingers were extended, at which he returned the remark. He sped away after that and I never saw him again.

Capt.Marion

Someone in a compact pickup (Chevy S10, Datsun, that sized) pulled out in front of an Army convoy somewhere in GA several years ago. He was killed instantly as the bumper of an M929-series 5 ton removed the top half of his little pickup's cab. I wish I could find the news footage, it showed a good picture of what the little truck looked like afterwords.

stumps

You guys might want to check out the SS thread about the Wisconsin DOT hearing on their ban on all MV's as you tell your stories. What you are talking about is exactly why Wisconsin DOT has banned all MV's from being registered in their state.

They were looking for examples of HMV accidents as evidence that their ban is valid. You are doing a great job of helping them out.

Everything you post on these boards is available to the world by way of Google.

-Chuck

Heavysteven

I call this "The big truck syndrom". People think they need to get around that truck or it will slow them down.

On Friday I was in my F250 with Trailer. Lady was on her phone pulled out to make a left infront of me. I locked up the trailer and warped the front brakes. That's twice now. People don't understand weight and speed.

That said I always drive defensively and look both ways before going through a green change. This has saved my wife and me once already.

Billy Bobbed

You guys might want to check out the SS thread about the Wisconsin DOT hearing on their ban on all MV's as you tell your stories. What you are talking about is exactly why Wisconsin DOT has banned all MV's from being registered in their state.

They were looking for examples of HMV accidents as evidence that their ban is valid. You are doing a great job of helping them out.

-Chuck
Your in trouble now.

dittle

-Chuck

There is more to it than that (crashes/near crashes) otherwise all motor vehicles would be banned in WI. Probably is part of the discussion over there, but not the root cause by any means.

tm america

i think all small cars and trucks should be banned as they arent safe since they cant take a hit .we will always have semis and big trucks they should make cars bigger and put more metal in them so theres no an issue about mvs on the road.to me those new cars they make that are just bigger than a go cart shouldnt be allowed on the road if they get hit by a bycicle the driver and all passengers would be killed on the spot.there should be an i q test to get your license . as most people on the road today have no idea . a semi has a low bumper and foldaway bumper brackets. they tend to push the cars to the side or put the load through the frame of the car . but a duece or five ton the bumper is high and most of the time it will go over :driver:.i have had it happen to me to i was going about 30mph and a lady on her cell phone didnt even stop for the red light cut the corner and i must have missed her by an inch. then as i continued to honk at her she flips me off so next time she stopped i hit the shoulder slid in front of her sideways so she had to think about how stupid she was and how close death was to ending her important call

well not to many civilians have hit anybody far as i can tell from these posts.course if they have they probly dont want to talk about it anyway we have a fine for talking on a cell phone while driving im thinking its 285 bucks.starts in the summer.there also talking about no insurance if they can prove you were talking at the time of axcident.

Last edited:

Snarky

-Chuck
You may have noticed a lot of the discussion is about people pulling out in front of logging trucks, commercial vehicles, and actually military convoys as well as our own hobby trucks. I don't approve of the Wisconsin ban, and it's not that I don't feel for those affected by the ban, but I'm not going to stifle or alter what I wish to talk about because of it. Sorry Wisconsin folks :?

Maybe they'll ban small cars or 18 wheeler drivers too because of this obscure thread on the internet. Maybe they'll make the National Guard leave their state because of their dangerous vehicles.

NRG

You guys have got it all wrong! This is what happens when we hit sub-compacts like mini coopers, etc.

I took this pic a few years ago with my cell phone. I took more pics but one is enough to get the point across.

Attachments

Alot of time those sub compacts are so light they well end up going up in the air and rolling OVER the big rig killing EVERYONE involved. We actually went from calling them Motor vehicle accidents to motor vehicle collisions. Accidents cant be prevented collisions CAN. and 9 time out of 10 it was preventable.

Maybe we should ban construction equipment too. I air lifted a guy to a trauma center after he hit a BIG YELLOW FRONT END LOADER, middle of the day not a cloud in the sky, perfect weather. The front end load was driving down the shoulder had all his light and flashers on. this little Hyundai hit him going probably 55-60, the car was DESTROYED. The front in loader didnt even look like it had been touched. We air lifted the guy because of the extent of damage to his car. We had to cut him out of it roll the dash and peel back the roof to get the backboard in and him out.

This was a collision not an accident, it could have been prevented by the driver of the car. The FHP gave the guy a ticket too LOL.