• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Every windshield they ship to me arrives broken

tauteur

I'm near Bakersfield. I ordered a windshield kit on ebay and everyone shows up busted from shipping. They send another one, and it arrives broken. I ended up paying $630 for the retainer, windshields, and seal kit, but I can't get a windshield to show up without a crack in it. Anyone have any advice on where to get a windshield around here?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll second AM General. One of the guys here had one show up cracked in the box (out of 6) but I haven't had that issue. This was a couple years ago, so who knows if they still use the same packaging

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
I'm near Bakersfield. I ordered a windshield kit on ebay and everyone shows up busted from shipping. They send another one, and it arrives broken. I ended up paying $630 for the retainer, windshields, and seal kit, but I can't get a windshield to show up without a crack in it. Anyone have any advice on where to get a windshield around here?
EBAY or government military supply or something like that?

Drop shipped from where, CAMO

Vapor Trail

I ordered mine from AMG and it showed in stock and they give you no warning when it will arrive. Everything else came so I emailed them and they said I'd get it in March because they had so many orders

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With respect, it is just flat windshield material. Go to a junk yard, buy a large flat front windshield from a bus or truck, take it to a windshield place and have them cut it to size and install.

The gasket material is available from Steel Soldiers vendors and auction sites.

You must use windshield material

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Says you are in Marina Del Ray? You are close to Bakersfield? I’m guessing that you don’t want to say Shafter, Arvin or Wasco? Oildale?
long ways from Marina Del Ray. Lol
Welcome to the forum

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered mine from AMG and it showed in stock and they give you no warning when it will arrive. Everything else came so I emailed them and they said I'd get it in March because they had so many orders
That is standard procedure for AMG, they can show stock that is being held for a gov. order which comes first, if you really need it in a hurry make an inquiry to AMG and they will tell you if it can be shipped right away.
I have ordered several windshields from them, I get that kind of stuff in Dec. when they run the free shipping special, I have received all of them in good condition and assume they would make it right if not.
BTW AMG/free shipping is much cheaper than scrounging around in a junk yard then paying someone to custom cut it for you..

tgejesse

Does anyone know of the windshield retainer part numbers for the 11xx series?

MME has a kit: SKU:MME-8843-8852 but I dont know if it will fit an 1165.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks