• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Everyone needs a military truck corner!

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Host a block party? Take rides? Or would that get the HOA too close and possibly raise more issues? Just thoughts. Keep growing the fence.
I offer rides or tour to any neighbor that shows interest, but haven't volunteered it at the block type parties that we have a couple times a year. I am a little concerned about raising issues with people that were unaware. Out of sight, out of mind type position with a serious dose of good fences make good neighbors on the side. :)

I really only have one neighbor that takes issues if I park anything that he can see out his back door, so I just park my short items near him. I have zero lot homes on the back of my lot, so the back of their house is basically 8' from MY fence, and they have an issue if they can see anything over MY fence.

Reason I keep saying MY fence is because their tree fail on my fence so I volunteered to help cut up the tree and repair the damage to the fence with spare boards and planks I had in the hope of generating some good well. I ended up having to furnish the chain saw to cut up the tree, after he showed up with a circular saw. I guess if I really didn't like him, I could have just watched and called 911 when it kicked back and removed a knee, or something, but there would be blood everywhere, and what a mess. :)

Really the only thing that bothered me at all was when I was repairing my fence with my wood and tools, and my dog (ref. Avatar) came over and laid down at my feet. Almost instantly his wife came out and started yelling at me to get my dog out of her yard. At this point I just wanted this pain to stop, so I finished up the fence and walked around the block back to my house. I wasn't so much mad, but disappointed that my jester didn't generate any good well.

On a good note, my boat was parked where the tree fail until he complained to the HOA to make me move it. If I hadn't have moved it, there would have been substantial damage to my boat when the (large) tree fail. As it were my yard was empty so no harm save for the fence which was easily mended.

Always something good if you just take the time to look I guess. :)

Last edited: