• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Excessive oil pressure m925a1

ROCKWELL-C60

Recently took my truck out of hibernation and my oil pressure reads 80 at idle 95 at speed. Everything seems fine and I don't remember what it ran at b4 but I'd think I'd Remember something like this. I haven't changed the oil yet but will soon. Any ideas, do these guages mess up like this

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If still using the original electric gauges, a weak ground will cause a high reading due to higher resistance. Very common problem with the way they grounded the gauges to the panel, and the panel to the dash. A ground wire directly from the mounting stud on the gauge, going directly to the dash, will fix future ground issues. Same thing for the temp and fuels gauges. I did all mine several years ago and while accuracy might be debateable, at least they're consistent now. Consistency is about the only thing I ask of them, lol

My truck runs around 80 psi cold and around 50 psi when warmed up at idle, with full throttle being around 65-70 psi. As 98G said, your pressures don't seem unreasonable.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is a normal idle oil pressure on the A2 with the Cummins 8.3?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is a normal idle oil pressure on the A2 with the Cummins 8.3?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
IIRC, spec is 8psi at hot idle. Typically you'll see more like 30psi.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks