• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust hose for HMMWV garage startup?

M1165A1

Anyone using a flexible hose like a Fume-a-Vent for HMMWV startup?

My HMMWV is garaged and when started will make smoke. I can't leave my garage doors open to vent out the garage because of very cold temps in winter. Same issue with working in the garage during the winter, can't leave the doors open.

I am thinking a simple exhaust hose for startup - looking for recommendations as to product, or any practical experience?

1685673217276.png

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just need a blower fan that can take a heat resistant hose input and blows to outside. Nothing really fancy about it; just gotta move the air.
A hose that you can clamp down around the exhaust would also work, but I wouldn't trust it running the truck for any length of time; much better to have forced ventilation.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Anyone using a flexible hose like a Fume-a-Vent for HMMWV startup?

My HMMWV is garaged and when started will make smoke. I can't leave my garage doors open to vent out the garage because of very cold temps in winter. Same issue with working in the garage during the winter, can't leave the doors open.

I am thinking a simple exhaust hose for startup - looking for recommendations as to product, or any practical experience?

View attachment 898646
@Coug is definitely "on the money" with a blower fan in the pipeline to the outside. We installed a UV coating machine in the print shop with about 30 feet of pipe to the outdoors. Adding a "squirrel cage fan" about half way up the pipe greatly improves the exhausting efficiency.

The hardest part - especially in cold weather - is allowing as much AIR IN as you are trying to push AIR OUT. Always difficult to allow your nice warm garage air to get pumped outside....

A really good source of information is the Fire Service. They have trucks that are inside a building pumping exhaust into the air. The rooms the firefighters sleep in are generally upstairs. Smoke rises. Take a look at this article about indoor air quality.

PDF is atttached just in case the link below disappears.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks