• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

exhaust manifold gasket

DUECE-COUPE

well, after breaking off the nuts o the rear turbo to exhaust manifold bolts, i set to work heating up the exhaust manifold to try and remove the stud s so i can replace them. Got out the trusty stud remover and got it locked on to the first stud. fired up the torch and went to heating the manifold up to a nice off orange, turned the stud and SNAP!!!. now does any one know where to find a manifold gasket for an m53a2 engine?????

DanMartin

Assuming you meant "M35A2". What motor is in your deuce exactly?

Which manifold gasket? The exhaust manifold to turbo flange gasket?

Saturn Surplus had them, but hey show as sold out right now. Here's a pic:

The kit shows as NSN#5330-00-103-1980, but not 100% sure that's the right one for your truck....

Last edited:

DUECE-COUPE

i need the exhaust/intake manifold gasket. i have to remove the exhaust menifold to get the broke off stud out of it. now i wish i had left it alone.

DanMartin

Ha...ok.

I would call Saturn Surplus. Their catalog does not have pics, but they show several gasket kits in-stock for the LDT series motors. One of them may be a manifold kit....

Or you can order a complete engine gasket kit and just use the manifold gaskets. Both Saturn and OD Iron carry them.

badgmc56

Just a little tip when removing frozen exaust studs. When applying heat, keep constant pressure on the stud with the stud remover. When the temp is correct, the stud will free up and turn out. You can overheat the exaust manifold and expand the stud which is not what you want. You want to expand the manifold to release the stud. If too much heat is added, you can actually soften the stud.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks