• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust question / need advice

SrIrie

These trucks are just too loud and I plan on really putting some miles on mine as my 4x4 hauler tow rig extraction vehicle thing. My plan originally was to run the exhaust all the way out the back so it was as far away from me as possible. Then I found this site and its wealth of info (now there are too many choices) and I have seen trucks with the muffler put at the stack that you get from Napa. I like the idea of putting the smoke and other stuff up in the air and not all over the ground and or guy behind me but just how quite is it and how much back pressure dose it add. I no this truck will never be a Lincoln but the quieter the better. So what I am asking is should I do the stack muffler or 4” out the back

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There are several members that have added civilian mufflers to the deuce to make them quieter.
Do a search and see if a thread will pop up.
I personally like the sound they make....especially if they have the whistler turbo on them.
Buy a good set of hearing protectors and enjoy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks