• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

exhaust temp

blasini

well as i reported last week i turned up the fuel 8 flats and orered a pyrometer and boost gauge

i installed pyrometer pre turbo about 3 inches back from where exhaust and turbo meet and put boost where the 1/8 pipe tap is on turbo to intake spout is. had to drill out pipe tap but its works fine

my temp under uphill load is max at 1100 with 11 pounds boost

i think i might turn it down some. any comments i am thinking before i turn it back i might put a muffler on and then see what temp is. any comments or questions? this thing really got loud after turning it up. but i put 1/2 inch thick stall matt on the floor and tranny hump so its pretty quiet now. also used duct insulation on the cowl and behind the seats. with my hardtop its quiet till u get up to 53 then it gets load but much better then before.

i also found gl1 gear oil at tractor supply (expensive but i needed it) I only plan to use it in the tranny. i am going to change it next time i get back from a ride . will be using regular gear oil in everything else.

4 weeks and the air sterring amazes me still

just me 2cents worth and i would like to know more about temp at exhaust from others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks