• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

exhaust

Westech

CPL
I have installed a couple full kits from Walker. They fit really well... only "thing" is the hangers are kinda a pain in the butt to get but its ez enough to use universals or make your own. But as the pipe fitment is 100%.

Westech

CPL
it was in the 275 range Now thats dealer cost.. figure around 350 or so for a retail cost. A good shop should be able to slam a "custom" dual for around 300-400 ish so really its up to you your right in the middle.

AJMBLAZER

Summit Racing has Thrush dual kits. Since the M1009 has the same exhaust as a diesel civy K5 they should bolt right up.

Thinking about putting a single 3" on mine. Flowmaster has a nice one.

AJMBLAZER

Exhaust Systems & Kits, Exhaust, BLAZER, CHEVROLET, 1986 - summitracing.com

Any of those should work.
One of the guys on the 6.2L-6.5L forum was saying a while back that the 6.2L and 350 SBC have the ends of their exhaust manifolds in similar places in relation to each other. He bolted a "gas only" aftermarket exhaust right onto his diesel.
Only trouble is if you get one that's meant for a gas truck with a cat you'd have to come up with some pipe to cover that space. Y pipe as well for a single exhaust.

AJMBLAZER

Yep.

I'm getting a diesel civy '89 K5 here in a month. The eventual plan is either Gibson or Flowmaster's single 3" pipe system combined with an extra bit of pipe and a Y pipe. Should flow better and sound nice.

AJMBLAZER

Seems like that's cheaper through JCWhitney. Then again if you pick it up you won't have to pay shipping.

Should work...like I said a guy on the 6.2-6.5 diesel site said his bolted right on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks