• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust

xenocath

searching.............
I am sure this has probably been said a few times on this forum. however i just had a new exhaust set up installed yesterday 2.5 pipe from manifolds to muffler duel inlet to 3 inch outlet and i was simply amazed in the noticable improved acceleration and responsivness of my truck. no wheel burner but still notable upgrade highly recommend doing this to all who are considering but have not done so.

rhinob

Is this a kit or multiple part numbers to make this happen? Have a photo or two of the new system? Mine is 48,000 miles and original from 1985. There's a little rust on the muffler welds and would prefer to replace at some point soon.

On a side note, I have a 1995 Land Rover Discovery 1 w/ a 6..2l diesel (H1) engine w/ the stock LR exhaust. Way too choked. It's going in next week for an additional exhaust for a genuinely dual exhaust. Should breath much easier after that.

xenocath

searching.............
it was not a kit it was custom bent by a truck shop here in town. i will try and get some pics of it

Last edited:

pidgeon

A few months ago I cracked mine right at the manifold. I ignored it and drove with the windows down until it finally dropped off while going through downtown pdx.

Got a custom bent one thrown on and you notice the little bit of extra umph. Not alot, but enough that my 1009, loaded with tools, pulled my m101a2 loaded down with 120 cinderblock without too many complaints.

Only drawback is that since I don't have an exhaust leak, I've had to go back to sniffing dry erase markers to replace the buzz. rofl

xenocath

searching.............
well it seems the picture thing is beyond my current technical prowess i will keep after it. the basic description is : from the exhaust manifolds to just past the transfer case is 2.5 pipes (dual) to a dual 2.5 inlet to 3 single outlet 14 inch jones muffler then down drivers side over the rear then comes out just under and past rear leaf spring. took a 2 hour ride to appamattox last night towing a trailer and it barely slowed on the hills. i am extremely happy with the sound not too loud but has definite grumble.