• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Expando van trailer convsion

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have searched and looked through the thread archives and came up zippo.
I thought I remembered someone posting pics of a lowboy made from an Expando Van trailer. They had added a beaver tail, made from a deuce frame I think, and it looked factory built.
Can someone link me to it? I have everything I need to do the same thing except some practical knowledge.
Thanks.

Earth

there is or was very recently one for sale in the classified. tmamerica if I recall. The add had a pic of the hitch. It was the M313 box with the push out vs the fold up/down sides.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a trailer mfgr put a deck and ramps on my van trailer chassis years ago. That was the worst $3K I ever spent. The deck is too high, and there is not much you can haul with it. Really spooky driving say a D3 Cat up onto it. Too short for a deuce. I just cut the bed back off after I realized I will never use it again. Look around for a civi 25 ton lowboy or get a M172.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I realize the deck is a little high but money is tight and the only way I am going to get a low deck trailer is build it myself.
There may be a way to lower the ride highth by putting lower profile tires on it. I plan to research this before I set my beaver tail.
By my measurements a deuce should fit if the front wheels ride up on the front deck via ramps.
Since I will be pulling it with the M915 I plan to put civy lights on it since the 915 is equipped with a dual 12/24 system.

tm america

i seen miltrucks trailer pretty nice thats what trailer i got my box from .he was using it to haul deuces and equiptment with last i heard he was selling it and the m48 long wheel base tractor he made to:roll: