• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Expeditions, adventures or just a campout

Rhino 5/4

Finally got to check my GPS and looks like 1200 miles so far. Took a quick trip to the faces today heading out in the morning. Gonna swing through the badlands going East. Rearaged a few things, put things back where they belong and zip tied the brake band so it won't rattle.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I take it this is the backside of the faces ? The other end of the faces ! I would have never known ! Your a true investigator going places others wont !View attachment 849359
I had thought the same until this morning - when I spotted the nose of George Washington Chief Crazy Horse. I was curious about the hole in the rock. Still am, but It is a really impressive picture and a COOL place to visit.

EDIT: I was mistaken. Thanks @Jbulach !

Last edited:

Rhino 5/4

Pretty Amazing.

I guess we would rather finance the flood of people crossing our southern border than complete a carving of one of the original settlers in our country.

View attachment 849422
Yes very true. I stood there reflecting about the mindset and policies being shoved down our throats of the current federal government and how close we are to fighting the same fight as the American Indian 200 years ago.20211031_165232.jpg20211031_124214.jpg20211031_123316.jpg20211031_123050.jpg20211031_122603.jpg20211031_120544.jpg20211031_122616.jpg20211031_110223.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes very true. I stood there reflecting about the mindset and policies being shoved down our throats of the current federal government and how close we are to fighting the same fight as the American Indian 200 years ago.View attachment 849445View attachment 849446View attachment 849447View attachment 849448View attachment 849449View attachment 849450View attachment 849451View attachment 849452
That is beautiful country!

Agreed and sadly, it may come to that...
The really crummy part is that all the hype is that the republicans are going to save the world after the election in 2022.
I don't believe that - and as far as I am concerned - all of them need to be sent home.

The sad part is that none of them are worth the powder it would take to send them to school.

Rhino 5/4

That is beautiful country!

Agreed and sadly, it may come to that...
The really crummy part is that all the hype is that the republicans are going to save the world after the election in 2022.
I don't believe that - and as far as I am concerned - all of them need to be sent home.

The sad part is that none of them are worth the powder it would take to send them to school.
Yes very beautiful. And yes treason is the first thing that I can think of

Rhino 5/4

Made it home safe and sound, birds in the freezer and truck mostly unpacked. 2700 mi round trip and very pleased with the ol girl. Planning on taking the sxs to Hot springs Arkansas over Thanksgiving with my son. Not sure if I want to cram in the rear axle swap before or not. Sure would be a little gentler on engine and t case might even pick up a few more mpg. Got around 8mpg average with all the wind going and coming.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made it home safe and sound, birds in the freezer and truck mostly unpacked. 2700 mi round trip and very pleased with the ol girl. Planning on taking the sxs to Hot springs Arkansas over Thanksgiving with my son. Not sure if I want to cram in the rear axle swap before or not. Sure would be a little gentler on engine and t case might even pick up a few more mpg. Got around 8mpg average with all the wind going and coming.
Glad to hear you made it back in one piece ! I bet you had a blast on your journey and made some new friends along the way ! One of the things i miss the most after retiring from traveling for a living new sights and faces every day and a million places you say you will be back to soon as you can but seldom do and all you can leave them with is VAYA CON DIOUS MY GOOD FRIEND !

Rhino 5/4

Glad to hear you made it back in one piece ! I bet you had a blast on your journey and made some new friends along the way ! One of the things i miss the most after retiring from traveling for a living new sights and faces every day and a million places you say you will be back to soon as you can but seldom do and all you can leave them with is VAYA CON DIOUS MY GOOD FRIEND !
Yes. I have never had the pleasure to emerse myself in such a small town and it's people though driven through plenty. So appealing and so American.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks