• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Experimental Deuce?

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: 6bt

I have a 5.9 cummins in my truck, and I love it. With just an Edge juice pressure/duration box for $800., I have 445HP and 915ft-lbs TQ. That will give my 7,000 lb MEGACAB 4x4 truck a 13.5 1/4 mile at 102mph. Yes that is faster than a mustang GT. My buddy has more work done to his dually and ran a 12.6 1/4 mile at 116mph. The best I have seen was 11.04 at 129mph on a daily driver 5.9 dually (tool boxes and all), and yes that will beat a stock Z06 vette! You can see them on Youtube.com. The 5.9 CTD is a monster and would more than power a Duece. That would be an interest swap???

Jakob

I have no question that the motor could do it, but how would any of the Cummins transmissions hold up to a truck as heavy as ours?

FreightTrain

Banned

You can hook anything behind the cummins.Might need an adapter plate but the cummins from a dodge has an adapter plate on it already.The engine has a SAE bolt pattern.I found out how to hook a RoadRanger(yea a big rig tranny) to a 5.9L 12valve.Just take the bell housing,Flywheel,clutch assembly from a 8.3L and it bolts straight up.You can put a 9speed in there or a 13 speed if you like shifting gears.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: Experimental Deuce?

ChevyPowerWagon said:
I am currently working at, and talked to someone at fort jackson. It opens in 3 days. They are going to notify me when I can place a bid.
So basically I will get first bid.

Hope I clarified my tone of text. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Huh?? C'mon, who is fooling you here??? Are you also paying them for this privilege? I'll tell you what, send me $50 and I'll tell you right now exactly when you can place your bid... :cookoo:

Bidding first means nothing. We all know this. Bidding opens 04/30/2008 12:00AM.

That would be a cool truck to own. Not as cool as the XM963's that went off a while back, but still cool.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: Experimental Deuce?

First bidding doesn't mean anything. He who bids last and bids the most, wins.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread is killing me. The first bid goes to whoever stays up tomorrow night to bid at midnight. As for anyone getting it cheap, this thread eliminated that. Last, anyone who would part that out is nuts as it is worth more together than parted out. Keep the comments coming and thanks for the humor. :roll:

beaubeau

Hey guys, lets think this over a bit about what can be put in a Deuce for Power. It doesn't matter what is mated to the trans and drive train. Whether a 3406 Cat 425, 400 Cummins or the 5.9 Cummins,OR even a Small block Chevy!!! The Gears and the Drive train in where the strength is!! Take a good look at Farm tractors and their Small Engines, and look at the work performed because of Extra Lo gearing. The gearing is so low, even an old 2300 from an old Pinto will turn the Wheels! The more powerful the engine, the longer it will last, and or go Quicker, thats all!
I ran the Old 1971 6-71 Detroit 13spd Log truck this week end and thought about how much better the Deuce would go with a close ratio Road Ranger 13spd Over.It would make up a little for the lack of power in the Engine.Have a Happy, all, Phil

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That truck won't go cheap. You're going to have to bid against everyone here since you let the cat out of the bag :shock: . You watch, the price is going to be up there with the M35A3s probally more. I know I'd rather have this truck than a A3. I'd say it's going to be one of the higher priced trucks to come through lately. If not then someone got a deal.

Blythewoodjoe

I was going to go out and look at it yesterday but after following this thread I realized it was no way I could steal this one. I don't have any money anyway so me and the digital camera went somewhere else. On a bright note it will be up for auction again just like the truck I bought a few months back when the high bidder defaults on the auction. That's what happened with my new truck. It sat for months waiting to be auctioned, sat a few months waiting again, sat waiting for the EUC to clear and now sits in my yard for months waiting on GL to get me a SF97 :roll:

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now Joe, you should know perfectly well from the threads on this site that everyone already knows about every truck that is for sale on these public auction sites . After all, they are PUBLIC sites, right? How could anyone not know? :roll:

You were only kidding yourself to think you might get a bargain on anything, EVER. :cookoo:

I would reference one of the NUMEROUS threads that proves/disproves this, but that would just be :deadhorse:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wasn't the first to bid or the last to bid but I did bid. 7202 is bidding hard on this truck and I doubt that any hobbyists have deeper pockets. FWIW I seriously doubt if they found out about it from the Ad on Steel Soldiers either.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny,
You should know better than that, the ads here are the cause of all evils. :D I guess the first bid and getting it cheap are out the door. 13 hours into the auction and it's already at 2600$. (I am guessing it will at least double that when it closes).

CUCVFAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blood_of_Tyrants said:
It is already up to $2900 and will probably go for over $5000. That is a lot of money for a truck that may not even run.
Depends on your point of view. For a truck like that, I don't think $5K is crazy. It's high, but not crazy. Even though it appears to have been sitting for a while, it looks pretty complete. It appears to have power steering of some sort and it's definitely rare amongst collectors. If I was looking for a unique deuce, that would fit the bill.

jwaller

I went and looked at it yesterday. it's all there but rough. does not run, tops busted as you can see from th epics and it's been this way for a while. interior is shot and all the gauges need to be replaced.

Most of these trucks ended up overseas in places like israel. last time I went to CMS before they shut down they were painting the arabic stuff(TP, air drain, batt voltage) all over them and had 50 waiting on lowboy's to take them to the port in charleston, sc.

FreightTrain

Banned
looking closer that isn't a Experimental one.That would be one for export that somehow ended up in the US military.The Experimental trucks had a fiberglass front end and CTIS.I also think the CMS E3s had autos.

beaubeau

I don't believe what someone is paying for this truck! I have a Deuce and a 1997 2500 Dodge diesel 5spd Complete, that I would sell for that price!! Only 70.000 miles on yhe Dodge>

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks