• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exploded parts diagram?

fungusguy

Where can I find exploded parts diagrams for various components on the HMMWV? I’m specifically looking for the rear suspension A arm/control arm bushings. Does the civilian H1 use the same control arms and bushings? And I need ball joints however I’m seeing parts that claim they’re used until 2006 and mine is a 2007.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where can I find exploded parts diagrams for various components on the HMMWV? I’m specifically looking for the rear suspension A arm/control arm bushings. Does the civilian H1 use the same control arms and bushings? And I need ball joints however I’m seeing parts that claim they’re used until 2006 and mine is a 2007.
What vehicle do you have?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well we all assume it is a HMMWV, I am going to guess you have a M1097R1 with a GVWR of 10,000lb by the serial number, this makes a significant difference.

BTW your truck is really not a 2007, it was rebuilt to M1097R1 standards in 2007, most likely it started as a 1980s/early 1990s M998

SO assuming that here we go.
Download TM 9-2320-280-24p-1

A few pages under the table of contents you will find a page (5) with all the UOC (usable on code) table.
Most of the parts for the M1097R1 is the same as the M1097A1
The UOC for the M1097A1 is AVY, write this down as it is important.

Go to the TOC and scroll down to rear axle group 11
You will see Rear control arms, ball joints, and mounting hardware, click on that tab.
Then scroll up to figure 12. EDIT, sorry fig 152 :eek:
You will see the control arm bushings are #7 and #21, scroll down to the parts numbers and you will see they are the same part number for all locations (7 and 21 are the same part number)
You will also notice there are no UOC numbers listed under the part descriptions, this means the same bushing are used on ALL vehicles this TM covers
Group 11.JPGgroup11_1.JPG
Now lets look at the upper ball joint, it is listed as b which is part of #8
Then you scroll down to the parts list and you will see TWO listings for part number 8, one of which will have your UOC of AVY listed under it, this is the correct part number for your truck (now you know why the UOC is important)
Now you can search for ether the USN number or the manufacturers part number.
Now you know how to fish!!

Last edited: