• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exploring the yard.

KsM715

I've know about this yard for a few years now and never really had the chance to walk it. I have gotten some stuff from there before but it was when I called and asked and they had them waiting up front when I got there. Today I just showed up and asked if I could just walk the yard to see what I could find. "Sure, go ahead":) was the answer. This is not the time of year to do this, High temps and weeds taller than me. I am going back soon for some other parts I wanted that were still attached to trucks. (I plan to go back in the late fall for another walk/search) Found some cool stuff, brought some home, some I left till I find if theres any interest in them. If anyone sees anything they need let me know.

The transfercase PTO is mine already so dont ask. I just need to go get it. I may buy the whole truck if I can part it out.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How'd that gasser radiator look? What city are the parts located in?

KsM715

More pics, First few pics: is this the lifting frame from a M88? How does a yard get that? I want it but dont know how i would get it home or what I would really do with it. I'd like to think I could mount it and hang a pulley from it and use it for lifting heavy things.

The round silver thing: Looks like a bore brush to me (maybe something like 55mm across)

Tools: are these chains to rusty to use? They had another set of the axle clamps but no chains. They had a bunch (5-10) of the armor towing feet (bottom of the second pic in first post) anyone need or want some of those? The other 2 tools I got just for the fun of it, what do they go to? Both are about 4" across (I haven't measured them yet, but I will)

Attachments

KsM715

Oh yeah I forgot They had a 105 trailer with quite a few fuel and water cans. I will pick up the non-dented ones. What are they worth?

Attachments

KsM715

How'd that gasser radiator look? What city are the parts located in?
Did not look that close at the rad, but I will when I return (hopefully next weekend)

They are not really near any city, and not really a business known for shipping parts out. They sell to locals but otherwise just scrap enough to keep food on the table and pay bills.

KsM715

I would have loved to have the wheels to that gasser about 6 months ago.

There were wheels and tires everywhere. But the weeds and allergies (combined with shorts and tennis shoes, and heat and fear of snakes hidden everywhere) kept me from digging to deeply into those piles.

citizensoldier

I would snatch up any M135/m34 rims you can find if you can get them for a good price. They are drying up and will always hold some value. Maybe I will buy another KS trailer and you can fill it up? :beer:
Any LDS 465 1 A multi motors around?

KsM715

Only one truck with a motor in it. Its the one in the first post. Didnt think to look at what the tag said.

Im shooting for next weekend to make another trip. I will get more pics and will try to get any info people here ask me to get.

I know I am going to get creamed for this, but.................. can someone give me a quik way to tell what the diff. is between M135/M34 wheels are compared to standard m35 wheels. I did keep an eye out for the combat rims but did not see any of those.

Last edited:

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am also interested in knowing What the difference is in the rims. I was
under the impression that the 6 bolt split rims were all the same for the trailers
and the trucks. Now I am wondering if I have a problem.
Bruce

armytruck63

The offset is the difference between M34 and M35 rims. You can't run dual M34 rims stock because the tires would interfere with each other.

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More pics, First few pics: is this the lifting frame from a M88? How does a yard get that? I want it but dont know how i would get it home or what I would really do with it. I'd like to think I could mount it and hang a pulley from it and use it for lifting heavy things.

The round silver thing: Looks like a bore brush to me (maybe something like 55mm across)

Tools: are these chains to rusty to use? They had another set of the axle clamps but no chains. They had a bunch (5-10) of the armor towing feet (bottom of the second pic in first post) anyone need or want some of those? The other 2 tools I got just for the fun of it, what do they go to? Both are about 4" across (I haven't measured them yet, but I will)
May be interested in a set of the armor towing feet. How do they work? How much do you need for a set?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Rats, Jeff I would come out and do the walk with you as I need to go out to Glen's and pick up some parts, but I am going up to Michigan with KCClay to pick up a trailer next week end.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks