• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extended Throttle control cable

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need a very long throttle control cable for my M108/M211 hybrid crane truck. Where is aq good place to start looking for this. I assume that I should be able to just order one of these by specifying length, right?
Thanks for any tips on this,
Bruce

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, Hopefully I'll be able to measure the length tomorrow. The old rusted out one
was pretty basic, but it would be nice to have one that was incased. It goes all the way from the engine compartment, then under the truck to the Hydraulic valve assembly that allows the crane to rotate, then up through the center of that to the operators control station where there is just a simple detented type lever control.
Your help is much appreciated. Just posted some pics in the thread on rare beasts.
Bruce

NEIOWA

You talking more than 25'? Can get that at local truck parts store. Long throttle cables are used on pre 1993 fire trucks but 25' typically is all that is required and longest I've purchased.

These are bowden style with a locking rotary throttle knob.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks