• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extension to speedo cable?

Trango

I've successfully moved my transfer case back a few feet to accomodate a new drivetrain, and I am in the hunt for an accurate speed reading.

The end of the speedo cable is perhaps 2 feet away from the mating connection on the transfer case.

Any thoughts on how I can make this connection? Some thoughts I had:
- Is there a longer cable available on perhaps a 5 ton or another MV? What about the tach cable - is that made from the same stuff?
- Is it possible to find some sort of intermediate connection?
- Finally, is there civvy interchange, so I could just buy the length I need?

Thanks for any and all ideas.

Best,
Bob

Stalwart

I'm pretty sure if you do a search on the internet you can get a new one made without too much trouble. You'd probably need to send your old one in, so they could make sure the ends are correct.

Unforgiven

I think some of the 5 Tons fit. They should be about a foot longer. Call up an MV supplier/salvage and they should be able to tell you. Otherwise, order a custom cable on the internet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks