• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

External trans cooler fluid offset

firecontrol86

This might sound stupid, but I'm going to install an aftermarket external transmission cooler in series with the one in the radiator. What I'm wondering is adding that extra bit of tubing going to hold enough ATF that I will need to add some to make sure I have enough fluid? Thanks in advance.

bushhawg73

I would check the level after the install, if I had to guess I would say you are going to need at least 1/2 to one quart to add. It really depends on how big the cooler is, how long the lines are and how much fluid you spill when you cut the factory line.

kapnklug

I'd say after it's all hooked up, crack the seal on the return line to the tranny and crank the engine (with pink wire removed) until fluid seeps out. Then replace the wire, start the engine, check the fluid level running, and top off if necessary. This will prevent a "dry-start" for your tranny.