• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extra Cab Top Bows?

andyh1956

Greetings from summer time Mississippi!
Hey any you boys instal xtra cab top bows to better support the top canvas?
I don't like the stock wavy look & besides it seems to hold water up there. My truck lives oiutside & I keep a tarp over the top so it needs all the help it can get.
Thanks!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When my truck had to live outside over the winter (when it had no engine installed) I put a couple 2x4 across the cab bows between bows and canvas to straighten out the valleys and prevent puddles. Worked well.
I like your idea of adding additional cab bows; they should be easy to make from round stock and washers.

andyh1956

Hmmm...I never thought about making my own- Thanks!:)
Best price I've found on cab bows was $25 ea + postage & TJN has an "Anti Sag Kit" whatever that is for $75.
Another project!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hmmm...I never thought about making my own- Thanks!:)
Best price I've found on cab bows was $25 ea + postage & TJN has an "Anti Sag Kit" whatever that is for $75.
Another project!
I can't remember who, but one of the LMTV guys who has a YouTube channel had a posting about saggy canvas. Either he has a friend or possibly he is an electrician because he used conduit. That created more support and less space for water to pool. He cut pieces several inches too long, then beat the conduit flat on the ends and rolled the edges down to keep from poking holes in the canvas. Seems maybe the conduit was riveted to the standard "bows" - maybe?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks