• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extra Fuel Tank

rmgill

The valve went down on the floor on the left side of the cab. I'm kind of skinny so I was JUST able to get up under there to do the install. I did have to fit the hoses to it first before I installed the left side tank.

Given the way the valve sits, I had to make sure I had enough hose for cab/frame flex and ended up having one hose kinked because of the route it took. This lead to fuel starvation for a little while on that tank until I figured out what the problem was.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, the Valve, was probably the most expensive part. (I already had the tank and pump).
Ryan, if you plan on running biofuels in one tank and diesel in the other, you may consider the "flushing" operation. Switching supply and return at the same time (your manual valve) will eventually increase the contamination of the diesel to levels that will make it difficult to start the engine when cold.

Last edited:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
when i did mine, i used just that brass valve. it was not that much, around $50 i think. also moved filler of second
tank (in place of spare) so it was in the front like the original tank. i have a source of those valves if needed.

tom