• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extra gauge on the bottom row

WeBeJeepin

I was looking at pictures on the internet and something made me look twice at this deuce. It has 4 gauges across the bottom row of the gauge cluster, whereas my truck and the other trucks I have seen only have 3 gauges on the bottom. Mine has fuel, volts, and air pressure from left to right. Is this a different configuration or did somebody add another gauge? Maybe if I keep looking at it something will come to me.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's an M35A3 deuce,different style gauge panel.
Can you tell that Brandon and I are truck geeks? I'm going to disagree with Brandon as I see no CTIS pod on the dash. Looks more like a gasser conversion with the narrow gauge panel converted for multifuels.

dittle

Well after I FINALLY saw the truck (camoflage was working very well) I looked at it hard as well and I don't think its an A3 ether. Before Recovery chimed in I was going to guess that is a pryo/boost gauge in the high beam spot. The rest of the truck just doesn't look like an A3 (of what you can see of it) [thumbzup]

G-Force

Thats an M35A4 series truck with the LSCS unit (Lonely Soldier Companion System) installed on the passenger side.[thumbzup]
Ths system worked well in warm climates but not so well in cold......I think it had something to do with a lack of insulation on the unit.

dittle

If anything, thats a good template for me to follow when I put my turbo boost gauge in my truck once the gauge comes in.

tm america

i have my boost gage in that spot so i have four gages in the bottom row.i cut a slit in it so it lights up the same as the rest of them to works out real good

robr

If anything, thats a good template for me to follow when I put my turbo boost gauge in my truck once the gauge comes in.
if you need one with 4 cut outs I cnc them out of T6 aluminum for $60.00 SS Members only price ( $60.00 is what it cost me to make and ship one )
they are bead blasted & unpainted

here is a stock style I made and the one I made for my truck the 4 gauge is easy to add

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW the dash opening for the gauge panel is smaller on the gassers. The gauge panel Brian showed is one made to fit all the gauges of a multifuel in the narrow dash. I have one of these panels (sans gauges) NOS should the need arise for one!

AMGeneral

Hmmm,sure it's not a A3? I was also looking at the rather tall and different design of the exhaust stack heat shield.

Just FYI,I really didn't notice the truck first either.

tm america

my dash is the same as the first one in robr pics except i moved my high beam inidcater below the dash and put my boost gage where it was . i will take some pics tomorrow .it is uniform the left is the same as the right now :smile: