• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extra tires

dirtyfingernails

I recently went to Michelin tires so I have 4 excess to my needs 9.00 NDCCs. They are in good condition with servicable tubes and flaps. I am in Gainesville, FL. If anyone could use these, they are free. No shipping though. If this is a no-no for the site, I apologize, however, I've seen others do it. Steve

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
what part of Florida you in?You comming to The Georgia rally this month?I need tires BAD!I have my best ones on the steer axle bu teh sidewalls look like safety glass after you hit it with a BB gun.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: tires

FT, I have some 40% tires that need to go, you want them? I'll get you some pics if interested.

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: tires

you comming to Georgia?No way I could get to florida.Or can someone haul them to Georgia(Either rally.I think i am going to both).Need Rubber.BAD!Fronts are "Servicable" but I really don't like them.My rears.....hee hee hee,Racing slicks anyone?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If anybody headed for the Ga. rally has 7 or more good 1100x20's I would be interested in buying or trading for them.
I'm bringing a M 105 trailer that I want to sell but I would be willing to trade it for a complete set of new or very good 1100's or radials.
The trailer has holes in it because the chem shelter equipment was mounted in it but the tires are almost new and the lights work. Has the old single wheel landing gear.
Pics on request.
PM me with offers.

KaiserM109

I would like to know what most people think of NDT tires for general use. In ’73 I was in a reserve engineer battalion. On a drill weekend during the winter we took our 5 tons with flatbeds up in the mountains carrying equipment to do a civic project. Coming back down, we had a lot of trouble keeping the rigs on the road because of ice. We wound up parking them and riding home in civilian vehicles. Several members went up a few days later to bring the equipment down when the roads cleared.

I see that the military has gone away from the old cross bar pattern and is using tires like I have always mounted.

I recently purchased a deuce with a van box that I intend to use in all weather up in the mountains west of Denver, CO. I’m leery of the tires. All 11 tires are good, but I have 1 bad tube. I won the bid on 3 M105 trailers, 2 good ones and one scrap. I will pick them up as soon as the EUCs come through. I am going to fix one up original for my deuce. A wrench bending buddy and I are planning to pull the hubs off of the other 2 and convert them to civilian wheel patterns to match the vehicle towing them. My son and I inspected the trailers before the sale and all 6 tires look good, so I should wind up with 3 good mounted NDT tires and wheels excess.

The irony is these trailers came from my old reserve unit. I may have drug a couple of them around Colorado and Wyoming when they were still pretty new.

What are good sources of non-NDT tires and how much do they usually run? What about modern type rims?