• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extreme Trucking

jollyroger

In the immortal words of Andy Rooney.......Have you ever wondered what you can haul with a Deuce and a half? .........And.........How far away from civilization can you get?.......And........Why would you not want to bring some of civilization with you?

Well. For Elk hunting camp this year we had quite a few luxuries that the deuce hauled in with us.

A view of "Tent City".

Attachments

jollyroger

The Deuce, the mess tent, fresh fried egg rolls for lunch and the view of our front yard.

Attachments

jollyroger

Just post it to You-Tube, and paste the link here.
That is the route I was going to take first. It just takes some time to upload to YouTube. I figured I would have that done by tonight or tomorrow.

The Deuce is as big a truck as one would want to take on this trail. It's got some nasty rocky sections, some deep washout and tight turns in the trees. But that straight pipe whistler turbo sound sweet on camera.

jollyroger

Nice pictures. Where were you?
We were North of Defiance, CO. The town is now known as Glenwood Springs but I really prefer the old name. We hunt up on the flat tops which is a very misleading name for the area. It's just that Glenwood Canyon is exceedingly steep so the rest of the area looks flat in comparrison.

jollyroger

Great job on the camp. That mess tent looked perfect. Where's my invite for next year?[thumbzup]
I can't invite as it is not my families traditional hunting camp. I have been invited by some good friends who have been hunting the area for more than 50 years.

However the area is open, as of right now, to camping, hunting and fishing so who's to say you don't come out and camp in the area and we enjoy beers around the fire.:beer:

There is unfortunately a wilderness proposal that is being pushed forward for the area. But I digress.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks