• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fabed a Center Console M1009

So wile looking around my local surplus shop, I came across a box that looked like it would fit between the front seats. Brought it home and it fits great.

Cut some holes in the top for a hinged access / armrest and a couple of cup holders. The box opens at the front and I plan to seal up a compartment inside so I can lock that area between the panel and the door. It has a latch and a hasp for a lock. This will be a nice little secure area for an Ipod, GPS, or other valueables.

I put 2 2x4 blocks in back to level it over the trans hump.
When I looked up what this box was for, I see it was a box for a ventilator.
Sweedish or Swiss I cant recall.

Attachments

vkirchner

Nice find, I jumped into my blazer the first day to drive it to work with my coffee cup in hand, looked around the drivers area and just started to laugh. Next day I had a nice black cardboard box with two holes cut in it to set the cups into. That will get me buy until I can pickup an ammo can to make one from, I have not found such a deal like the one you just did. Congrat's!

jdeoliveira74

what was that box for?? thats perfect and alot cheaper then a tuffy console !!! nice Job would love to do one myself i currently have a civi console installed but its so low cant rest my arm on it !

what was that box for?? thats perfect and alot cheaper then a tuffy console !!! nice Job would love to do one myself i currently have a civi console installed but its so low cant rest my arm on it !
So I searched for it again and it comes up as a crate for a Sweedish Ventilator.
It has a red cross on the box, and the stencil is M7835-202011-1 SUGPUMP EL MT.

The surplus store had 2 of them and the color was right. Didnt know it was Sweedish until I got it home and searched. But Im stoked about the fit.

cptd

I should pick up my M1009 soon and I LOVE your console.

Can you provide some measurements of the outside of the box so I can try to find a similar one or fab a box?

Thanks

I love my Tuffy Center Console... gotta say, if I hadnt have purchased and installed it, I'd have tried to build what you did. Looks **** good.

Hey Chuck,
I looked at yours before I found this box at the surplus store.
I was going to do that exact thing after seeing your setup.
Tuffy was just too pricey after seeing the deal on the Sugpump box.

Dig the stereo setup though.

M1031CMT

I love my Tuffy Center Console... gotta say, if I hadnt have purchased and installed it, I'd have tried to build what you did. Looks **** good.
Would you happen to remember which model number that is? I keep looking on the tuffy site, but they have so many different models and sizes, I am not sure which would fit properly.

cptd

Baldy, thanks for the measurements. When I get home and have keys in hand (4 months left on this deployment) will find or make somehting similar and will of course post it up.

Thanks!!!!

CPTD

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks