• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Factory cut & welded center turbo manifold?

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a backup turbo center manifold on epay as I am planning to add a few sensors to measure boost and temperature as well as experimenting with water-methanol injection.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334305097902

The part is listed as NOS and it came in a box with an AMG label, however it is about 1/2” taller than the one on my engine and part of the top it is cut & welded with the air impaler removed:

58E67E38-5D21-4158-81BF-AAF7AD7B4D16.jpeg289C9A76-0224-4D36-BAD9-2526DFC3C0B5.jpeg82DBDDA9-A4BE-47B4-A5C2-02AB7D5BD38E.jpeg

On the back, mine is casted with ACE CO1 and the new one with ACE CO2.
I checked the parts TM and it does show the RCSK17829 as the center turbo manifold.

Is this one for a different engine?
I don’t think it even fits on my truck as there is very little room at the top.

Is this an actual AMG part with that cut & weld?

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one you bought was an early non GEP cross over, it had to be modified in later models for clearance, why your GEP cross over was designed lower.
If I had one of the early types that was modified I would seek out the GEP (black) cross over, although it may not actually make any difference.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks