• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Factory dummy lights

pevrs114

Gents,

Can you tell me what the factory dummy lights are on the CUCV trucks?

I specifically need to know what the ones around the speedo/fuel gauge are. The ones I've seen so far are 4WD and WAIT. I know that some civilian trucks from this era have the BRAKE light underneath either the speedo or the fuel gauge. I know the CUCV has it as one of the 4 large dummy lights on the left of the dash, does it have an unused, unlit BRAKE light in the center as well?

I need to rig up a BRAKE light indicator to pass VA inspection, I would prefer something clean and factory but need to do it quick.

Thanks!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should add that all your lights and gauges normally work. If they do not, remove the instrument cluster, clean the connections, check the bulbs, and the grounds.

pevrs114

Re: RE: Factory dummy lights

319 said:
I should add that all your lights and gauges normally work. If they do not, remove the instrument cluster, clean the connections, check the bulbs, and the grounds.
Well, that's what we ended up doing. We started by checking the fuse, then the switch behind the parking brake, then we removed the dash and pulled the bulb (it was ok) then we pulled the instrument cluster. A bunch of the connections in the plastic wire harness that's glued to the cluster were broken. We bought a few jumper bulb kits from the parts store and rewired them back to the harness so that they work.

Good to go!

Thanks for the help guys

CCATLETT1984

RE: Re: RE: Factory dummy lights

the plastic board is known for issues. its mainly just age and heat that cause the issues. I have a few burnt out dash lights that i need to replace one of these days.

maritimer

RE: Re: RE: Factory dummy lights

yeah i only have the following idiot lights that work, wait, water in fuel, gen 1, gen 2, fasten seat belts * that only started working after my girlfriend took it swiming* the brake light does come on when system is dry but thats it. still havent figure out how to get the 4x4 light to come on

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks