• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fair even trade yes or no

mattyboy

I am doing a bobber project right now removed dropside and found trailer . Guy want s to trade even my drop with troop seats and cargo cover bows are there but need work bed has only surface rust. Trailer is decent been sand blasted a few years ago wants 600 cash or trade bes even . I am cash strapped right now so pondering the trade. Should I sell bed for more or trade trailer I feel like bed is worth more bit not sure of value. Thanks Matt

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, $600 is a little high for an M105 unless its pretty exceptional and has a nice cover. $600 is also kinda high for a dropside bed with troopseats unless it's exceptional or has a nice cover. I may get scorned for this but I think trailer beds look best on.....trailers! Why not chop 3' off your dropside and reinstall it. It fits better and is more functional than the trailer bed.

mattyboy

My issue is I am not a master fabricator. Best I can tell I would have to cut from the middle this is going to be a problem for me . Because the hinges are going to be tr. Ttouble ,again I am not a welder. If someone has done this to a drop and can chime in wouldr love some directions . I like the look

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well, $600 is a little high for an M105 unless its pretty exceptional and has a nice cover. $600 is also kinda high for a dropside bed with troopseats unless it's exceptional or has a nice cover. I may get scorned for this but I think trailer beds look best on.....trailers! Why not chop 3' off your dropside and reinstall it. It fits better and is more functional than the trailer bed.
PLUS...It looks SOOOO much better....Just my opinion.

mattyboy

i like the look better but im afraid copping th drop is outside my skill set. if it were the regular bed no issue but looks like trouble to me .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The dropside would actually be a little easier than a rigid bed. You could section out 3' with a recip saw and a sack of blades. Just remove the sides and do them after the fact. It could pretty much be done right on the truck but may be easier if you flip it. You can always put it back on the truck in 2 pcs, strap it together and take to a wleder to stitch it up. It would be super cool and and very useful, probably worth the effort. Do you have a means of lifting either of the beds?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Backhoe at my place and I have a fridge in the barn for just such occasions. Like last weekend.

:)