• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fair offer on a 1945 Willys MB

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welp, unfortunately, the MB was much worse in person than it looked in photos. The frame and running gear were very crusty, the body was chock full of rot, it had been heavily civilianized, the wiring was hacked, and somebody cut the back off of the M-38 arctic top and installed a plexiglass hatch with garden gate hinges. Ugh. It was just way more than I wanted to get into right now. Back to the drawing board!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Welp, unfortunately, the MB was much worse in person than it looked in photos. The frame and running gear were very crusty, the body was chock full of rot, it had been heavily civilianized, the wiring was hacked, and somebody cut the back off of the M-38 arctic top and installed a plexiglass hatch with garden gate hinges. Ugh. It was just way more than I wanted to get into right now. Back to the drawing board!
I've bought a few "basket cases" thinking I could save them from a date with the scrap man but when I started shopping for parts etc., I soon realized why they were headed to the junkyard. I did manage to get some hard to find parts off them before they met their final fate though. I think I've at least broken even on my ventures....well....maybe.:roll:

I won't be buying anymore "basket cases". If I want something bad enough I'll just save until I can get something worth my time/effort/expense.:rules:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Like always, I charge myself what I make in take home money from work as to what it is I am willing to put into a project, any project, per hour.
What it is that I am going to get out of it all when it is over.
I don't mind working on stuff and making it nice for the next guy, and it all does weigh in with the fun and self satisfactions factors. For all that money I could have been with (pick all your favorite girls & friends names here) and could have had a nicer time.

With all that said I have spent and wasted umpteen hours and moolah on vehicles and friends and girls. Looking back I would say to do what it is makes you happy at the time.

Don't worry, someday your work + what you leave will be being sold by someone that doesn't know anything about whatever you left as they inherited it.

Holy Toledo I really going to post this ramble...............
forgotten times.jpg
my tiger.jpg

Last edited:

IRQVET

Not much on an MB left on that one. Has the hard top, which could be sold off to fund the build. I guess it comes down to how bad do you really want a 45 MB :?:

It would be a money pit, but in all honesty, they all are regardless of condition. Its just some peoples pockets are deep than others; as some pits are deeper than others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks