• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fair Price for a half Track

rancherrob

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the offers to store it for me. You guys are all heart! :-D I have also learned it is in Cali when he sent me a shipping quote for another 12% or so. There is a little note he added at the bottom of the listing but the header said it was in Portland. I think the extra for shipping will push my wallet and the boss completely over the edge. I tried to tell her how much better a half track is than cabinets for the new house we're building but now I know I shouldn't apply for a job in sales. My negotiation skills just aren't there. :-?
Anyway, if anybody wants it for the price I paid it's theirs for the taking. :sad:

rancherrob

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you ever need unstuck again give us a yell on here.
Thanks for the offer to help with the deuce. I tried again yesterday to extract her and made it another 20 feet but the ruts are getting deep enough the pumpkin balls are starting to drag. I'm just going to let her sit until things dry out. It's on a farm so no hurry. If I get her out and can get her fixed up in time, I'll try to make it to the rally. Sounds like fun!

rancherrob

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm wife wants a new mini van. Maybe I can make the current one last 5 more years and take this off of your hands... I wonder if a deuce could drag it back...
Dunno, seems a bit heavy at 9-10 tons but maybe. If the deuce brakes can handle it, you'd probably be all right though you'll be going up the hills in first gear I'd think. Do you have a capable trailer?

vettes

Thanks for all the offers to store it for me. You guys are all heart! :-D I have also learned it is in Cali when he sent me a shipping quote for another 12% or so. There is a little note he added at the bottom of the listing but the header said it was in Portland. I think the extra for shipping will push my wallet and the boss completely over the edge. I tried to tell her how much better a half track is than cabinets for the new house we're building but now I know I shouldn't apply for a job in sales. My negotiation skills just aren't there. :-?
Anyway, if anybody wants it for the price I paid it's theirs for the taking. :sad:

When it was first listed i was bidding on it. After auction we talked abit (no mention in Cali either) and offered it too me for 17k since shipping was expensive to ontario canada. I got my guy to quote me from Portland too. Only after he relisted it, did it say Cali in the ad.

rancherrob

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are you trying to pull out your deuce with?
Can't get anything else down there except maybe a steel tracked bulldozer. It is too wet steep and slippery. Even a bulldozer in mud on the side of a hill isn't going have much traction to pull it up. The tractors have difficulty getting out of there by themselves. We should have some dry weather next week so if it drys out enough, I'll go try again. After one attempt to get it out and sliding back down the hill and into a tree denting the tailgate, I'm going to just wait until everything is good a dry. I can't afford to keep buying tailgates and the like for it.

p.s. Anyone have clean straight tailgate they want to sell?

rancherrob

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We compromised and I ended up paying him a small restocking fee to keep it. Probably didn't have to but I also didn't want to burn any bridges (turns out he is local, just the half track isn't) nor have my ebay rating knocked down. Anyway, he said he'll re-list it this weekend in case anybody is interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks