• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2011 Rausch Creek MV Rally

PaFarmer

More pics from Saturday and a few shots from J trail, the colors across the valley were nice.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As always, had a great time at RC. If you like rock crawling, short of driving all the way out to Moab in Utah, Rausch Creek is the best there is on the East Coast. Were covering more and more routes there with the big trucks. We were unable to do Matt's newly scouted trails on Saturday due to a breakdown on Jim's truck (no brakes) but I hope he got to do some of them on Sunday.

Great meeting new faces, and the old ones too. See you all again in the Spring!

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
here are some of the pictures that were on my camera :D

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice! I'll take any beer-flavored can of stuff sitting out in the woods for the past 18 months or so after wheeling all day!

PsycoBob

I'm still rather impressed that nobody even broke any mirrors. Not counting Jim's brake break, no mechanical failures, either.

My first long drive in the M109 went great- 485 miles, round trip. I definitely need to remember a packing checklist. I was missing 2 important things- a budd socket to remove a flat (had swench and jack) & my ****ed sleeping bag. 32mi of that trip was to a Walmart up i81. On the bright side, I had the inverter running all weekend, so people could charge phones. :idea:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still rather impressed that nobody even broke any mirrors. Not counting Jim's brake break, no mechanical failures, either.

or sometimes adjusting mirrors back into correct adjustment by "lightly bumping" another tree! im so proud of myself! i dont know why im so good at getting that big thing into tight spots...... my truck ofcourse. :grin:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i was talking about the truck. we're guys, we make those kinda jokes. :-D shes a real good girl though... i havent seen her in 10 years and shes just as cool as when i met her back then. im not sure if she liked bouncing around in the deuce on the trails... i dont know if her dog liked it either.... haha. might take some getting used to!

Attachments

SteveKuhn

"... i dont know if her dog liked it either...."

Don't you remember that commercial, "...RRRRogs RRRRuv Trucks!...." Or mebbe I really would have won the 'Senior Citizen in Attendance' prize.

Great photos. Betcha they don't get a lot of tractors running those trails. Love those mountains.

Looking forward to April.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't remember that commercial, but dogs and trucks is the all American thing. If Koda didn't like it, she better start getting used to it! :D besides my front seat is now coated in dog hair.... It's all good though... Souvenir of a great weekend! Cheers!

shenkmen

Thanks to everyone for a great time and event. We had a blast. Thanks also to all who helped me out with my Deuce. The brake issue really had us concerned about getting home. We made it all safe and sound. We had a great time and met some great people. Thanks, Jim & Jenn
Glad you made it home OK. Does that mean you're done with my 3/8 ratchet?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks