• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2013 Rausch Creek PA rally - what weekend?

Which weekend would you like for the RC rally?

• October 11-13th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • October 18-20th

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • October 25-27th

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Doesn't matter, I'm there!

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters

shenkmen

I'm thinking of driving up early Saturday in my M35 bobber. I would be leaving in the early evening as I don't own any camping gear. I've never driven my MV on an interstate before. Kind of wondering what driving at 50mph tops on a highway with much faster vehicles will be like. Turbo what are planning so far?
Throw a tarp over the bed of the truck and sleep there.

Get yourself and the truck some time on the highway before you take a long trip so you get used to it and can check out your truck before and after each trip. Start short and then go longer. Do both for safety.

SsgLattig

If anyone needs "camping gear" let me know. I'll see what I can dig out of my excess of issued items that I've accumulated over the years. I'm hoping to bring the 923 crane truck to the rally too.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think shenkmen would be better to contact them, he has talked to the RC folks before and has a "relationship" with them and knows who to talk to.

HOWEVER, I'm not sure if coordinating with them will matter much. Last Spring, we found a weekend that worked better for them all around, nothing going on and we went with it. Last minute, they sold out, and booked an offroad race event at RC, and half the park was off-limits to us. I understand the race organizers have money and we don't (well, not much), but it would've been nice for them to let us know that the schedule had changed so we could re-schedule our arrival so as to not interfere with the race, and enjoy the whole park. Oh well, just my two cents.

I think shenkmen would be better to contact them, he has talked to the RC folks before and has a "relationship" with them and knows who to talk to.

HOWEVER, I'm not sure if coordinating with them will matter much. Last Spring, we found a weekend that worked better for them all around, nothing going on and we went with it. Last minute, they sold out, and booked an offroad race event at RC, and half the park was off-limits to us. I understand the race organizers have money and we don't (well, not much), but it would've been nice for them to let us know that the schedule had changed so we could re-schedule our arrival so as to not interfere with the race, and enjoy the whole park. Oh well, just my two cents.
Correct. I completely agree with you, I did not realize they booked the race last minute. I've never been to the RC properties so my hopes are not very high, but I would like to access a majority of the area. I'm picky lol

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are two sides of the road to RC. The normal side was locked off for the race last Spring. It's the side we're used to and know every route. So, the other side was the only side we could use, and it's still pretty new, lots of trails but almost no signage telling you where you were, the map didn't really jive with the trails, and it cost an extra fee to be out on that newer side too. I prefer the west side of the road, where we normally are. However, it was cool being on some new trails that we were unfamiliar with.

BillabongKong

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a Great Time!

Hey Guys ! I am smiling reading every ones posts , knowing what a great weekend is ahead. I am sorry but I think I am going to miss this one. Partially because I am busy with work and because I have commited to the Ga. Rally, and probably Gilbert too. If any one plans to be at either of these, lets meet up for some laughs. For Dipstick, Don't worry buddy your in the best hands. Thanks again to shenkmen and maddawg,and everyone else who attended for their guidance last spring. I will be watching the official thread. Frank

Last edited:

frigar78

i took my 35 to RC back in feb. the whole way from pittsburgh met some buddies there from va and oh. hauled my jeep on the back the whole ways there..... man the looks you get on the road........how ever i will defentally be there its an awesome place

joshs1ofakindxj

Although any weekend works for me, I'm leaning towards the second half on the month. Just gives me a bit more time to prepare financially.
Ha! Same here! Because Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot is the first weekend in October. I can't go there without spending a few bucks.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, time to set the date:

The official dates for the rally will be October 25-27th, 2013. Shenkmen will start a new thread with general info on the rally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks